Lost 11lbs since friday morning (4 days)

Options
I started at 299lbs on friday but I've weighed myself this morning after spending the last four days eating my exact calories and getting a decent amount of walking in and I'm somehow down 11lbs. Is most of this water weight or just that I'm so heavy that it comes off quickly to begin with?

Replies

• laurabadams
    laurabadams Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    It's likely mostly water & pretty normal during the first couple weeks of beginning calorie restriction
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    A good chunk will be water, especially if you cut back on carbs. At my heaviest (~330) I lost 15 in a month and that was a lot. But congrats on losing and sticking to the goals. It will all balance out.

Just don't be worried if some of it comes back in the short term.
  • sifmole
    sifmole Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I found out the other day that my jeans weighed almost exactly 2 pounds..... suddenly made sense why I always seemed to gain weight on a Monday, slowly lose over the week, and suddenly drop 2 pounds on Saturday.

Doh!
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    I started at 299lbs on friday but I've weighed myself this morning after spending the last four days eating my exact calories and getting a decent amount of walking in and I'm somehow down 11lbs. Is most of this water weight or just that I'm so heavy that it comes off quickly to begin with?

Yep. Probably mostly water weight. That can be a good thing because it's motivating at first, but your weight will fluctuate. So don't be discouraged when your weight pops up a few pounds when you retain some. Keep your deficit, give it time (you can't avoid this part), and work the process.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Definitely mostly water.
  • bastardofbexley
    bastardofbexley Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Much appreciated all
  • jenniferhugheswork
    jenniferhugheswork Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I recommend taking measurements as well as weighing on scales - measurements are really good for consistent progress - well done you! Water weight or not it's a great achievement