I have a sweet treat for you...

Options
Last night I was "experimenting" in the kitchen, and came up with a creation that left me feeling like I just ate dessert for breakfast! This is going to be a favorite in my house I think! I'm going to call it "Greek Jello Mousse"!!! It's TOO easy, so here's my little creation:

Ingredients
-1 package (8 serving size) sugar free Jello--You pick the flavor!
-4 cups non fat Greek Yogurt (got mine from Fresh & Easy).
-2 Tbsp. Splenda

Boil 2 cups of water and dissolve Jello packet in water (I used the wisk attachment on my mixer). Add in yogurt and Splenda and mix well. It got kinda frothy, but if you stir it after, the bubbles calm down. Put in individual conainers or one big container and into the fridge to set. It made about 6 cups--I saved the 8 oz. Greek Yogurt containers and refilled them, plus 2 cups in a tupperware. The consistency is like MOUSSE, and OH SO YUMMY! I used Raspberry Jello, and it's a winner...can't wait to try some other flavors!

For the WW folks, it comes out to 2 pts/1 cup serving, and the other stats are:
107 calories
134 sodium
6 carbs (0 fiber, 6 sugar)
18 protein (the Greek yogurt is no fat, and high protein, thanks to Jillian Michaels for the clue!)

Just thought I'd share, because I'm in heaven and my sweet tooth is officially curbed!!!!

Replies

• JayBet98
    JayBet98 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Last night I was "experimenting" in the kitchen, and came up with a creation that left me feeling like I just ate dessert for breakfast! This is going to be a favorite in my house I think! I'm going to call it "Greek Jello Mousse"!!! It's TOO easy, so here's my little creation:

Ingredients
    -1 package (8 serving size) sugar free Jello--You pick the flavor!
    -4 cups non fat Greek Yogurt (got mine from Fresh & Easy).
    -2 Tbsp. Splenda

Boil 2 cups of water and dissolve Jello packet in water (I used the wisk attachment on my mixer). Add in yogurt and Splenda and mix well. It got kinda frothy, but if you stir it after, the bubbles calm down. Put in individual conainers or one big container and into the fridge to set. It made about 6 cups--I saved the 8 oz. Greek Yogurt containers and refilled them, plus 2 cups in a tupperware. The consistency is like MOUSSE, and OH SO YUMMY! I used Raspberry Jello, and it's a winner...can't wait to try some other flavors!

For the WW folks, it comes out to 2 pts/1 cup serving, and the other stats are:
    107 calories
    134 sodium
    6 carbs (0 fiber, 6 sugar)
    18 protein (the Greek yogurt is no fat, and high protein, thanks to Jillian Michaels for the clue!)

Just thought I'd share, because I'm in heaven and my sweet tooth is officially curbed!!!!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    What is Greek yogurt? I've never heard of it before. What consistancy does it have?
  • JayBet98
    JayBet98 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    What is Greek yogurt? I've never heard of it before. What consistancy does it have?

It's the same consistency as regular yogurt. I read about it in Jillian Michael's "Making the Cut." It's high in protein and low in fat. I just got the plain because you get more for your buck, but they also have flavored cups. I got mine at Fresh and Easy , and I'm sure Trader Joe's carries it.:wink:
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Hard to find in Canada.:grumble:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I love Greek yogurt! Fage and Oikos are brands around here.

But... here's a trick if you want to make your yogurt thicker & creamier like Fage. (and cheaper!)

Buy a large container of fat free plain yogurt (I like Dannon or Meijer brand). Line a strainer with a couple of coffee filters & put it over a bowl. Dump the yogurt into the strainer. Put it in the fridge for 2-3 hours and then drain ou the liquid in the bowl (you'll be surprised at how much liquid drains out!). Put the yogurt back in the container and it's MUCH thicker and creamier!! HTH!

Jess