Recovering Anorexic looking for support and friends

Options
Hey guys..been on fitness pal before. Ended up taking a break due to injury of my bicep and quad. During recovery from surgery I fell back into my anorexic patterns. I'm trying to eat healthy without restricting but it's difficult. Looking for support from ANYONE who's been this route or understands a person's inner demons when it comes to food..thx

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Are you still getting support from your treatment team?
  • myfitnessjourneyto180
    Options
    I have the opposite problem of eating too much -.- gg
  • eatingems
    eatingems Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hi! I started using MFP about 2/3 years ago and ended up developing an eating disorder and weighed in at 105lbs which, at 5ft10, is way too little. During recovery I ended up developing a BED. I'm now trying to lose the weight gained from that but in a healthy weigh and fighting off both the anorexic urges and binge urges. I feel your pain on the restrictiveness.
  • xJennyfromtheBlockx
    xJennyfromtheBlockx Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    eatingems wrote: »
    Hi! I started using MFP about 2/3 years ago and ended up developing an eating disorder and weighed in at 105lbs which, at 5ft10, is way too little. During recovery I ended up developing a BED. I'm now trying to lose the weight gained from that but in a healthy weigh and fighting off both the anorexic urges and binge urges. I feel your pain on the restrictiveness.

Thanks so much for replying. It is such a daily struggle. Down 10lbs in a week and feeling the effects of it already. Can you pls add me so we can chat on a more personal level. Would love a friend who understands the issues. I think we could be a great support for each other. Thx doll!
  • xJennyfromtheBlockx
    Options
    I have the opposite problem of eating too much -.- gg

Lol..i wish!!
  • xJennyfromtheBlockx
    Options

Actually no! Too embarrassed to admit failure and back sliding! I'm hoping with support from loved ones and friends I can turn this around quickly and not fall prey back into ana! As of right now I still "feel" in control. It's just a struggle to get the caloric amount daily my body needs. I'm trying tho.
  • Stacyines
    Stacyines Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I actually developed a serious bulimia problem 7 years ago. When I realized I weighed 210 lbs and felt so heavy - it took over. When I dropped to 185lbs i sought a therapist. I started using MyFitnessPal and dropped down to 155lbs as I realized I had more control of my weight by logging it down. I felt it made me accountable compared to a quick 'undue' from my bulimia.
    I would suggest considering a therapy group and throwing out your scale to avoid making yourself susceptible to old habits any weight anxiety.
  • xJennyfromtheBlockx
    Options
    Stacyines wrote: »
    I actually developed a serious bulimia problem 7 years ago. When I realized I weighed 210 lbs and felt so heavy - it took over. When I dropped to 185lbs i sought a therapist. I started using MyFitnessPal and dropped down to 155lbs as I realized I had more control of my weight by logging it down. I felt it made me accountable compared to a quick 'undue' from my bulimia.
    I would suggest considering a therapy group and throwing out your scale to avoid making yourself susceptible to old habits any weight anxiety.

Thank you so very much for sharing. Pls add me if you'd like any support, just a friend or motivation to keep you going!
  • xJennyfromtheBlockx
    Options

Actually no! Too embarrassed to admit failure and back sliding! I'm hoping with support from loved ones and friends I can turn this around quickly and not fall prey back into ana! As of right now I still "feel" in control. It's just a struggle to get the caloric amount daily my body needs. I'm trying tho.

The bravest thing you can do is get the support you need. No-one will think less of you for taking care of yourself.

You are such a dollbaby! Thank you for taking time out of your life to comment, care and give advise. It's great to know there are still good people out there who are willing to support a complete stranger. I really appreciate the advise!
  • deadestzed
    deadestzed Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    After like 3 years of silence I'm finally acknowledging my anorexia but my fam is approaching the recovery in not a good way so I could also use friends ☺️ I got MFP so I could try to eat more which is weird and tricky knowing that I could slip up at any moment. You got this.
  • lukkiecharm
    lukkiecharm Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My daughter started binging and purging when she started college. It took about a year to figure out what was going on. Her moods changed as well. Finally it all cane to a head when she was almost 20 and we got her the help she needed but was too afraid to ask for. She ultimately sought counseling and joined a Muy Thai class and has had a huge improvement. And I mean huge! I work with women overcoming addictions and it is a struggle and generally a lifetime of being conscious, so to speak, to overcome those "demons." You can absolutely beat it. Never give up, remember you're beautiful no matter what, and always take care of the person you will spend the rest of your life with... you!
  • Wotan48
    Wotan48 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hey guys..been on fitness pal before. Ended up taking a break due to injury of my bicep and quad. During recovery from surgery I fell back into my anorexic patterns. I'm trying to eat healthy without restricting but it's difficult. Looking for support from ANYONE who's been this route or understands a person's inner demons when it comes to food..thx

Recovering Bulimic, I know those demons all to well...though when I got hurt the last time they told me o herniated my stomach from throwing up so much. Viscous disease.