Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Eating Healthy On The Road

I was just wondering how everyone here eats healthy on the road?

By on the road I mean, I travel for work 3-4 days a week every week. I find it hard when I'm constantly on the road to find healthier meals. Don't say subway because I've eaten enough of that over the last 3 years of traveling I refuse to eat it again.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Are you on the road (car) or traveling by plane? Lots of tips either way as I do both.
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    I will stop at a grocery store - such as walmart. And then purchase fresh veggies and fruit. It takes a couple extra minutes to run in the store but I find its worth the extra time. Some supermarkets have fresh salad bars, delis, etc. too.
  • mmgabr123
    mmgabr123 Posts: 3 Member
    Not the easiest to prepare in the car but I get a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store, take the skin off and eat off of that (it's usually $6 and makes 4-5 meals for me). I also pack lots of hard boiled eggs, quest bars and beef jerky. It's difficult to find good veggies to-go, cause I'm not a fan of the whole raw broccoli, cauliflower and carrots with dill dip trays that stores put out.
  • Fatfurie
    Fatfurie Posts: 20 Member
    How about Flame Broiler? I get chicken and veggies. Sushi take out with no rice rolls? Premade salads from grocery stores? Hamburgers with Lettuce Wraps? Snack packs like hummus and pretzels, yogurts with an ice pack in a cooler, apples, nuts, etc. Smoothie or juice places. How about subway mimics like Quiznos, Jersey Mikes, etc.
  • djsebbyg
    djsebbyg Posts: 2 Member
    All amazing help! Thanks guys. I'm traveling by car and I'm trying to do a low carb diet and it's pretty difficult.
  • karahm78
    karahm78 Posts: 505 Member
    I like to stop into Whole Foods and make a small plate from the hot bar along with a salad. If eating takeout I will grab pho or sushi (sashimi and a miso, with small salad), they tend to be lower cal than typical restaurant food.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    edited August 2017
    Low carb by car.
    Salami sticks
    Boiled eggs kept in their shells
    Pork rind/scratching
    Buy cooked meat packets
    Any pub/bar will do you steak and mushrooms
    Almonds and brazil nuts
    Celery and a jar of nut butter to fill it.
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    I find the prepared foods section at the market the easiest for the car, fruit cups, veggie cups, hillshire farms small plates, all easy to eat on the road, balanced breaks.
  • KeithWhiteJr
    KeithWhiteJr Posts: 233 Member
    djsebbyg wrote: »
    All amazing help! Thanks guys. I'm traveling by car and I'm trying to do a low carb diet and it's pretty difficult.

Low carb? When in doubt, get a Baconator from Wendy's with no bun! They will wrap it in lettuce if you ask.