Looking for people to keep me motivated

Options
kips123
kips123 Posts: 2 Member
edited August 2017 in Motivation and Support
Hi,
I am currently 208 & have declared for years I would be "skinny by 40".....we'll I am realizing that is only 9 months away! But my biggest challenge is staying on track. I don't have anyone to keep me motivated so despite all the things I know to do, I starts and quit quickly. Any one with ideas, motivations to keep me on track? I would ideally like to lose 60 lbs but even 20 would be a good milestone to start.

Replies

• meegan12mfp
    meegan12mfp Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Add me please
  • complicateme86
    complicateme86 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I would recommend starting with some small goals for both exercise and eating habits. I work as a dietitian and I find a lot of my patients are so focused on the "lose 70lbs" aspect that they become overwhelmed trying to change everything at once. Let's say you drink pop with every meal...try to cut it down to pop with one meal. If it's the exercise, start with walking! I do a lot of sitting at a desk so whenever I'm up and about, I'm always taking the stairs. Losing weight (and keeping it off) is a challenge for anybody (me included!). Feel free to friend me if you'd like.
  • zennil2
    zennil2 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I REALLY love food...all kinds but especially junk food. I have started this journey for like the 100th time. I am looking to lose 40 pounds, but I will take any change. Feel free to add me and just maybe I will stay on track, and can motivate someone else to not jump off the wagon!!
  • PurpleLavender77
    PurpleLavender77 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I am going to be 40 in October. I started out at 211 and am down to 176. You can do this!
  • arcokev2015
    arcokev2015 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Support is a huge part of success. I'm on board to lose my next 40 lbs, so I can help with experience and encouragement...
  • RandJ6280
    RandJ6280 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. We can help each other. I need to get under 200lbs... that is anywhere between 25 - 30 pounds to go.
  • CILLAJ8
    CILLAJ8 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    You can add me too. I'm looking for new friends as well. I'm 38.5 years old. Just started logging again a week ago. Down 5 pounds. I'd like to lose 50 or more. My husband is eating healthier with me which is a big help. He isn't counting calories. Just cutting out refined sugar and trying to watch carbs.
  • rosalie115
    rosalie115 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Always looking for motivation, support and (gulp) accountability
  • ducky0520
    ducky0520 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am 38, started at 258,down to 219 and feeling great. Still got more to go but excited. it hasn't been easy, some days harder than others but I am still a better me than before... healthier physically and mentally.... depression and anxiety creep in, positive vibes only
  • Akkael
    Akkael Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I turned 40 this year. Still need to lose 50-60lbs. Add me if you'd like.