Replies

• x_desertcolt_x
    x_desertcolt_x Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    up to 2 hours when im going heavy. take 2-3 minutes rest between sets
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Usually about 2 hours. Sometimes more, sometimes less.
  • MrsLannister
    MrsLannister Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    45 minutes strength followed by 30 - 60 minutes cardio 4 days a week. Cardio depends on if I do Zumba or rowing/treadmill/whatever.
  • KarenSmith2018
    KarenSmith2018 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    1 hour CrossFit class 4x a week. 1 run ranging from 30 mins to 90 as i am training for a half marathon at the moment. Yoga for 30 mins 1x a week. Anything much over an hour expect for a long run i wonder what i am doing! So much more in life than spending hours and hours in the gym most of the time
  • FlufferCat
    FlufferCat Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Home gym.
    I warm up for about 20 minutes.
    Lift weights for about 1 hour and 30 minutes.
    It depends what I'm doing.Legs seem to take longer.
  • cs2thecox
    cs2thecox Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    corgarian wrote: »
    I typically spend 45min- an hour tops at the gym. I super-set all my weights and only take 30 second rests so I am working as hard as I can in that time, but I hate spending hours at the gym.

This. I don't time my rest, and superset everything to fit it into my lunch hour.
    Two of my workouts I can do in 35 mins (plus warm up and stretching time), the 6-exercise day takes closer to 45 mins.

I find I get much better results with short but intense weights workouts, and lots more rest.
  • TomHayward78
    TomHayward78 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I try and get everything done in an hour
  • TashaaaKayeee
    TashaaaKayeee Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Ranges from an hour to an hour and half. I'll lift weights first then do some kind of cardio at the end. On days I really feel the pump I'll be there for 2 hours.
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    I'm in the gym for about an hour.

5-10 minutes of cardio for warmup, a good half hour of weights and other strength-based exercises (OH GODS I HATE ALL THE CORE ONES MAKE THE PAIN STOP), and fifteen minutes of cardio at the end.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Anywhere from 45 minutes to 2 hours, depending.
  • EmmaCaz4
    EmmaCaz4 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Depends whether I train alone or with my other half and potentially his mate.
    Most of my sessions on my own take around 90mins maybe abit more depending on body part and whether I finish with cardio.
    Last week I trained with 2 lads and our sessions were 2 and a half hrs every day...
  • carolinelanewa
    carolinelanewa Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    When i was training for my triathlon anywhere up to 2 hours. Now 30 min in and out. Hiit cardio 3 times a week. Circuit style. Other 2 days weights. Just about to add running 3 times a week for 15 min. PT says no reason to be there for long periods. Smash it and get out. Would love to be able to run 5km everyday but the knees wont co operate. Grrr.
  • Squish815
    Squish815 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Can range from 30 - 90 mins - depends on time of day/day of the week/how busy the gym is/if I have somewhere to be after.