Is There A Weekly Calorie Report Maybe in Premium?

Options
elfworksd
elfworksd Posts: 11 Member
I am looking for some way to see how many calories I have left over for the current week (starting on Monday week...not a rolling 7 days) ~up to~ the current day. So let's say it Wednesday...so far I am under 300 cals for the week. That's what I want to see....That way when I go out on that night I know I am OK if I go a bit over. I love LoseIt for their quick view reporting on this, but can't find an equivalent in MFP. Maybe it's in premium but I don't want to risk my money to find out. Anyone care to help?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    It's actually a free feature on the app (not the website). But rather than show how over/under you are up to that point, it'll take your goal, multiply it by seven, and show how much you have left to eat for the week. Then you can see if you go over one day how much under you can eat the other days to make up for it.
  • elfworksd
    elfworksd Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    First off thanks for the reply...(where is that?) for me I tend to eat too little...if it's the one under nutrition it is confusing for what I need to see. What I am looking for is more in line with a "you have gone under by 700 calories so far this week"...not so much "you can average (x) calories for the rest of the week". I know I can run the math but I also know the data is already there...I just can't seem to access it.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    elfworksd wrote: »
    I am looking for some way to see how many calories I have left over for the current week (starting on Monday week...not a rolling 7 days) ~up to~ the current day. So let's say it Wednesday...so far I am under 300 cals for the week. That's what I want to see....That way when I go out on that night I know I am OK if I go a bit over. I love LoseIt for their quick view reporting on this, but can't find an equivalent in MFP. Maybe it's in premium but I don't want to risk my money to find out. Anyone care to help?

On the mobile app, go to Menu > Settings > Weekly Nutrition Settings and change Week Starts from 7 Days Ago to Monday. Then when you view Menu > Nutrition > Calories > Week View, the chart and data under the chart will show you either the "Calories Under Weekly Goal" or "Net Calories Under Weekly Goal" based on a Monday starting point.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    CyberTone wrote: »
    elfworksd wrote: »

On the mobile app, go to Menu > Settings > Weekly Nutrition Settings and change Week Starts from 7 Days Ago to Monday. Then when you view Menu > Nutrition > Calories > Week View, the chart and data under the chart will show you either the "Calories Under Weekly Goal" or "Net Calories Under Weekly Goal" based on a Monday starting point.

This. And it'll give you goal and average as well as how many left for the week. So if your goal is say 1800 and under it your average is 1600, you can multiply the difference by the number of days you've logged. If thats what you see before you log anything Wednesday morning, you'd be under 400 so far.

I use this all of the time. I am almost always under Monday-Thursday so that I can have more (pizza, whiskey etc) on Friday-Saturday. I ONLY look at weekly goal.
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    You can see a screenshot from the Android app in my post here.
  • cookie7412
    cookie7412 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I wish this would just tell you how many you are under for the week without requiring any sort of math. Do you know if there's a feature that just tells you how far under you are for the week based on the current day you're at? This feature is available in LoseIt, and it makes it really easy.
  • cookie7412
    Options
    For example, on Monday I had 196 calories remaining, but on Tuesday I was 87 calories over. So I would like to find something in MFP that shows that up to this day/or before this day, I am 109 calories under my weekly budget.
  • CyberTone
    Options
    cookie7412 wrote: »
    For example, on Monday I had 196 calories remaining, but on Tuesday I was 87 calories over. So I would like to find something in MFP that shows that up to this day/or before this day, I am 109 calories under my weekly budget.

Have you changed your settings on the mobile app to start the Week View on a specific day of the week, or are you still at the default of a rolling seven-day weekly view? It sounds like you are still on the default seven-day Week View.
  • cookie7412
    Options
    @CyberTone Thanks for the response. I am currently showing a week view starting August 14-August 20th. The calories under weekly goal are reflecting for today as well as every day for the rest of the week. I guess I'm hoping to see what I have saved so that by the weekend I have some banked up. Am I looking in the wrong place?
  • CyberTone
    Options
    @CyberTone Thanks for the response. I am currently showing a week view starting August 14-August 20th. The calories under weekly goal are reflecting for today as well as every day for the rest of the week. I guess I'm hoping to see what I have saved so that by the weekend I have some banked up. Am I looking in the wrong place?

As far as I know, MFP does not specifically display how many Calories you have saved since Monday (the start of your Week View), it calculates how many total Calories under or over you have for the remainder of the week.

You will have to take (Goal - Net Average) x (number of days) and do the math.

For me, today my numbers are Goal = 1820, Net Average = 1760 over two days (Mon and Tue). So (1820 - 1760) x (2) = 120 Calories saved over two days.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options

You're in the right place just on the wrong day.

Go in to it on the previous days diary so that it doesn't count your current day.

Does that make sense?
  • cookie7412
    Options
    @CyberTone thanks for the helpful tip. I think it will be most accurate when I check it out in the morning before logging any food. Hopefully MFP will add this feature in an upcoming release, as it's really nifty! It's right on the main screen on LoseIt, and it's a nice feature when you know you like to have dessert or a few drinks or whatever it may be on the weekend.