Any Canadians?

I am open to all folks, but looking for some Canadian friends on a similar path, or who have already been there, done that and are ready to help. It's just that alot of the foods folks talk about seem to be USA products, and yes our food is different here. I mostly try to eat whole foods, and am trying to replace some meat with Tofu (that's it's own story)... but mostly I am looking for friends who will actually check in, comment, share and be active in this journey, not just someone looking to just add to their "friends count"..... I am 45, and my current goal is to lose 65lbs, but I hope to eventually lose a full 100.

Replies

• zindroth
    zindroth Posts: 334 Member
    Hello!

Fellow Canadian here, looking to lose about 45 lbs. Feel free to add me if you like.
    We eat pretty clean in this house, and I am always scouting out new recipies and food ideas.
  • Tofuheart
    Tofuheart Posts: 191 Member
    Canadian here. Vegetarian and pretty clean eating. Would love to have some Canadian mfp friends on here. Add me
  • BigDataLouis
    BigDataLouis Posts: 3 Member
    Canadian living in the US. Grew up in Shediac, New Brunswick, then lived in Toronto and Montreal. Now I'm in St Louis, Missouri.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Montreal ex-pat, living in Toronto for the last 23 years. Starting weight 254, currently 177.6, trying to make it to 130. I can help with ovo-lacto vegetarian options. I'd say I eat mostly nutrient-dense foods, but don't have a problem with veggie convenience options like Yves or Gardein.
  • Alexandriakay676
    Alexandriakay676 Posts: 56 Member
    zindroth wrote: »
    Hello!

Fellow Canadian here, looking to lose about 45 lbs. Feel free to add me if you like.
    We eat pretty clean in this house, and I am always scouting out new recipies and food ideas.

nice to meet u, at the moment i seem to be scouting out new slow cooker recipes that are healthy
  • Alexandriakay676
    Tofuheart wrote: »
    Canadian here. Vegetarian and pretty clean eating. Would love to have some Canadian mfp friends on here. Add me

nice to meet you, my goal is mostly clean and veggie type eating.... not sure i can do 100%
  • Alexandriakay676
    Canadian living in the US. Grew up in Shediac, New Brunswick, then lived in Toronto and Montreal. Now I'm in St Louis, Missouri.

Nice to meet u, i grew up in NS but am in BC now.
  • Alexandriakay676
    Montreal ex-pat, living in Toronto for the last 23 years. Starting weight 254, currently 177.6, trying to make it to 130. I can help with ovo-lacto vegetarian options. I'd say I eat mostly nutrient-dense foods, but don't have a problem with veggie convenience options like Yves or Gardein.

that is a great accomplishment! I look forward to seeing you reach your goal!
  • Rufftimes
    Rufftimes Posts: 349 Member
    Hi All, from Timmins, ON Feel free to add me, as I'm at work and kinda pressed for time at the moment!
  • Alexandriakay676
    ok, I am still kinda new at the friends thing, I can't seem to figure out how to add anyone.
  • Alexandriakay676
    Rufftimes wrote: »
    Hi All, from Timmins, ON Feel free to add me, as I'm at work and kinda pressed for time at the moment!

hi, welcome, i am in BC. I don't know how to add friends, but happy to accept requests, or help on how to add.. lol
  • SilentDan82
    SilentDan82 Posts: 25 Member
    I'm from Brampton, Ontario. I'm 35, trying to lose about 65 lbs of fat and gain 25 lbs of muscle. I'm eating a paleo-ish diet which is pretty clean. I just started so my advice will me limited but it's always good for people going through the same thing to support each other. Go ahead and at me, i check in every day.
  • Alexandriakay676
    I'm from Brampton, Ontario. I'm 35, trying to lose about 65 lbs of fat and gain 25 lbs of muscle. I'm eating a paleo-ish diet which is pretty clean. I just started so my advice will me limited but it's always good for people going through the same thing to support each other. Go ahead and at me, i check in every day.

Hi Dan, nice to 'meet' you. I certainly am more on the receiver than the giver of advice, but happy to share the experience with those would want to tackle this challange together.
  • dianneboonstra
    dianneboonstra Posts: 5 Member
    Hi. I'm Dianne from Milton, Ontario. I want to loose about 75 pounds- a Dr. recommended this APP & it's certainly been helpful. I've only been at it about two- three weeks, so not much advise yet. Nice to "meet you" & good luck on your journey-to all.
  • boxcarbubbles
    boxcarbubbles Posts: 5 Member
    Hey I'm from BC looking to lose 40lbs, I have been having a hard time for a few years now. Just trying to stay positive and healthy.
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Hello! I'm from outside of Toronto and know firsthand that this app works because I managed to lose over 60 pds about 6 years ago (which I've rediscovered after some pretty stressful life events). I'm back at it and hoping to lose between 80-100 pds.

Please feel free to add me. I love the support that this site offers to those of us who need it.
  • Alexandriakay676
    Hi. I'm Dianne from Milton, Ontario. I want to loose about 75 pounds- a Dr. recommended this APP & it's certainly been helpful. I've only been at it about two- three weeks, so not much advise yet. Nice to "meet you" & good luck on your journey-to all.

Nice to meet you as well...
  • Alexandriakay676
    anna_b1 wrote: »
    Hello! I'm from outside of Toronto and know firsthand that this app works because I managed to lose over 60 pds about 6 years ago (which I've rediscovered after some pretty stressful life events). I'm back at it and hoping to lose between 80-100 pds.

Please feel free to add me. I love the support that this site offers to those of us who need it.

Great to meet you as well !
  • Alexandriakay676
    Hey I'm from BC looking to lose 40lbs, I have been having a hard time for a few years now. Just trying to stay positive and healthy.

I totally understand that,,, nice to meet you !