Feet... anybody else have this kind of insecurity?

Options
1234lbsgone
1234lbsgone Posts: 296 Member
OK, this is the first time I've ever admitted this to another human being and it is a little silly.

Ever since I was a kid I have been insecure about my feet. I never noticed, untill some adult family members pointed it out when I was young, that my great toe is really large and the rest of my toes are small. I was anorexic as a child, so anything mentioned about my body made me insecure. It seemed silly that my feet were such a big deal, so I hid them and my insecurity.

I was always so envious of people who have the average foot, you know, the second toe is longer. So silly now that I am an adult and I hear those people complain that they hate that! LOL

I never wore sandals, flip flops, or any other type of shoe that showed toes because I thought I looked deformed. My mom has the same thing, but she isn't insecure about ANYTHING! And it is a long standing joke in my family that my mom has the ugliest feet ever, mainly because they are so calloused and un-cared for. I spent hours giving myself pedicures, I hate other people touching my feet. I hate feet so much that when I was in school to become a nail tech (a program offered in high school) that I quit when it came time to learn pedicures!:laugh:

So, please tell me I'm not alone in this weird insecurity so that I can go on knowing I'm not totally out of my mind. And if anyone has this weird great toe/small toe thing, it would be awesome. Are my mom and I deformed or just original? LOL

Replies

• McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Feet look weird, PERIOD. Everyone's feet look funky. :laugh:

I have huge big-toes and really long toes. Plus, apparently it's bizarre to have a "full-sized" pinkie toe with a full-sized nail on it instead of a sliver.

Who cares, though! I LOOOOOVE to go barefoot whenever possible. :D
  • sarad777
    sarad777 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I have very ugly feet. LOL I'm used to the idea they are ugly and nothing I can do. :-)
  • 1234lbsgone
    Options
    Awesome! I love to be barefoot too, thats why I figure now is a great time to get over it. It's hot and flip flops and bare feet are in!!!
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
  • JoeB71
    JoeB71 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Don't feel insecure. Whether your big toe is longer or shorter than your second toe is purely genetics.
  • Funnybunnyboo
    Options
    i have the odest feet in the world..they are totally square, and got nicknamed tonka toys!!.i also have lymphoedema, so they swell up, along with my ankles, legs, knees..etc...but, i love having pedicures, i keep my toenails looking pretty, and if anyone comments on them, nice or not, i just laugh..after all, thats the 1 bit of me, i really cant change!
    you wanna see horrid feet...victoria beckam!! yuk!!
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Different, Unique.... SURE!
    Weird/Ugly.. Nah! As long as you take care of them and they don't smell funky!
    Have to take my socks and shoes off to see if I have Unique feet, brb :)
  • altak9
    altak9 Posts: 20
    Options
    I don't have any issues with my feet other than my darn toe hurts. But we all have pet peeves (so to say) about our bodies. God gave them to us so enjoy!
  • 1234lbsgone
    Options
    *runs off to youtube....*
  • carlxo21
    carlxo21 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    A LOT of people are insecure about their feet. Feet are kind of strange and unusual anyways. I think the best thing to do is take care of your feet. Massage them, take care of the nails, paint them, and make sure they are moisturized and healthy. There is nothing uglier than a nasty, crusty foot!! I used to feel weird about my feet but then I just decided forget it! It's too hot to care. As long as your feet are healthy, that's good.

And by the way, having the second toe longer than the first is not average. Most people have the big toe as largest.
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    You're not Alone. I hate wearing flip flops bc of my pinky toes. My father bought me shoes which were too tight so my little pinky toe is a little fat. But i get pedicures regularly so my feet are always nice.
  • MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    oh I have very ugly feet... my second toe on one foot was broken and never grew back right.. so I hate showing them and Im very insecure about them.. trying to get past it.. so I understand!
  • Ajontheguitar
    Options
    I'm the same way! I'd sooner get naked in front of people than take off my socks half the time!
  • karrenbennett
    Options
    Just tell people you're a runner. Almost all runners have ugly feet. We get gnarly toes, black toe nails, ingrown toe nails, callouses three inches thick, and blisters.

You aren't alone in your sensitivity to your feet. I'm constantly messing with my feet, painting the black toe nail so it doesn't look quite as bad in sandals.
  • altak9
    altak9 Posts: 20
    Options

I ran off to youtube and WOW!
  • 1234lbsgone
    Options
    I found a video of Victoria Beckhams feet. LMAO! Seriously, the things you can find on youtube......:noway:

I think her feet look fine when they aren't all scrunched up in those tiny shoes.

I have consulted about getting surgery to make my toe shorter and second toe a little longer. I was kidding when I asked about it and COMPLETELY blown away when the doctor said it's kind of common! My physical therapist talked me out of it when he told me the problems that come after such silly surgeries. He said if I want to be a runner, run with the toes God gave me.
  • 1234lbsgone
    Options

I liked it too.
    I ran off to youtube and WOW!
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I have "long toes", but my wife has short ones. I think they are cute!
  • stc74
    stc74 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    As you can see I'm comfortable with my feet.

I love my feet, they are always skinny :happy:

My toes are very long, second toe way longer than the first and my pinky toe has almost no nail, but WHO CARES!

I get told I have nice/sexy feet, keep them pedicured and wear toe rings year round. Heck, I've even been hit on with messages on this sight from guys who are into feet. :laugh:
    I'm married & not interested.

There is no normal foot! Learn to love the one part of you that doesn't show when you've gained a few pounds!
  • seriousaboutlife
    seriousaboutlife Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    LOL!!! I wore socks for labour and delivery! So, in other words... you can see my crotch, but not my feet. bahahahahaha