Very low carb

Options
Wondering what a good carb to protein ratio is? I've been told to stick to very low carbs and eat protein. I've tried Paleo, WW and now trying to stick with a 1200 calorie a day but I'm not losing weight.....HELP!

Replies

• Senrak66
    Senrak66 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    weight your self first thing in morning not at night. Are you working out??? or just eatting 1200 calories??? it takes time. key to it is sticking to the plain.
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Go get a food scale at walmart (next to the measuring cups). Log everything
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Did a doctor tell you stick to very low carb? If not, then it's not necessary and since you are having trouble sticking to it, that might be a good indicator that this is not the right plan for you.

I'd suggest thinking about what type of diet you want to eat after you have lost the weight. How will you keep from gaining it back? Once you answer those questions then plan your weight loss diet around that long term diet.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    I'm just a humble comment writer, but I would like to suggest something if I may.
    I feel you should watch the movie 'what the health' on Netflix. Or read "the Starch solution". It'll change your current views on nutrition.
    Carbs are wonderful for the human body. The more the merrier!
    Carbs were labeled as the bad guys a while back when some people tried selling a joke diet and scamming peeps out of their hard earned cash.
    Protein is also just a new fad people are obsessed with since the 60s. In reality, there has never been a single case of protein deficiency in anyone who was eating enough calories. Meaning: Unless you're starving to death, forget about protein.
    Every food you eat besides processed fake foods, will have plenty protein. Even strawberries are 5% protein, which is about half as much as a sirloin steak, but without the heart stopping cholesterol and fat. Protein is a fad and I wish people would erase it from their memories, lol.
    It's really important for your body, but you will never be deficient in it. Ever.
    <3
    Plant based diets have been studied for years and years, all coming to one conclusion. It's healthy, more sustainable, kinder, and easier on the planet. :)

"What the Health" is misleading junk science. Please stop promoting it and please stop promoting the (false) idea that a protein deficiency is impossible. Protein is not a "fad," it's a macronutrient that is essential for all of us (yes, vegans too).

Here is a science-based take on "What the Health" from a vegan RD. You may find it of interest.

https://www.vegan.com/posts/vegan-dietitian-review-what-the-health/

As I said before I had protein deficiency once and it wasn't fun

Yep, it really upsets me to see statements about protein deficiency being "impossible." There are absolutely people who have protein deficiency, as well as vegans (and others) who feel awful due to not getting enough protein (but not getting to the level of actual protein deficiency).
  • RenfieldX
    RenfieldX Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    elizjen7 wrote: »
    Wondering what a good carb to protein ratio is? I've been told to stick to very low carbs and eat protein. I've tried Paleo, WW and now trying to stick with a 1200 calorie a day but I'm not losing weight.....HELP!

Check out community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group if you're interested in low carb, they're a great resource.

You may want to double check that you're accurately measuring your food when logging. A lot of people underestimate the calories that they're eating. A food scale was a big help to me when I first started logging. Low carb/high carb shouldn't make a difference when losing weight, it's the calories that matter.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,363 Member
    Options
    If you are going low carb, its not so much high protein you need but high fat (make sure its a good fat). Low carb high fat..
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I imagine the protein in the strawberry would be in the seeds.
    6r78CCL.jpg