Low carb chicken recipes

Options
Hiraaleee
Hiraaleee Posts: 2 Member
Hi guys im after some chicken recipes low in carb please. Awaiting your valuable suggestions
Thanks

Replies

• Hiraaleee
    Hiraaleee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Great. Do u put any veggies in it? With a bed of rice?
  • clayelliott847
    clayelliott847 Posts: 125 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Use low carb vegetables like spinach and brocoli. They are abut 6 carbs. I mean you have to other nutrients.

sometimes i add italian dressing, or lemon pepper seasoning, or pepper.
  • Diane47649
    Diane47649 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love it with riced cauliflower onion and garlic
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken, baked chicken, stewed chicken, stir fried chicken, roast chicken. And a couple of veggie sides.

Chicken stewed with salsa is very tasty and low carb.
    Chicken vegetable soup.
    Shredded chicken tacos or burritos using low carb tortillas
  • knitting75
    knitting75 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    coat chicken in Parmesan cheese and dry Italian dressing and bake. Love it. Was good on pork also.
  • _NicLovin_
    _NicLovin_ Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Saw this great post from Fit Men Cook on Facebook. Low carb chicken alfredo casserole.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10103738292628419&id=1809467
  • _NicLovin_
    _NicLovin_ Posts: 121 Member
    Options
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    If it is a smaller piece such as a skinless/boneless breast, I cook on counter-top (George Foreman) grill. If it is a larger piece such as a boned/skinned breast with rib meat or a hind quarter, I like to either use the outdoor grill or bake it. Sometimes adding seasoned salt to skinned/boned helps add flavor.

Chicken is low carb as it is, so unless you add something with carbs, you already have a low carb recipe.
  • TurboJenn
    TurboJenn Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I really like grilled chicken. To keep it interesting and tasty I like to pair a style of seasoning with a topping or sauce. Some examples include Italian seasoned topped with bruschetta and some Parmesan, Greek seasoned with chopped olives and feta or tzatziki sauce, Latin seasonings with mango salsa, guacamole, or Greek yogurt with lime and cumin.
  • susanayt97
    susanayt97 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Check out skinnytaste.com, there are loads of recipes for anything you need!
  • proteinpout
    proteinpout Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    top it with tomato sauce, mozzarella & oregano! Delish!
  • onepreciousgift
    onepreciousgift Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hiraaleee wrote: »
    Hi guys im after some chicken recipes low in carb please. Awaiting your valuable suggestions
    Thanks

I'm doing a taco salad without the shell this week. So chicken breast with taco seasoning (you can cook in crock pot, bake or saute), then your normal taco ingredients.
  • mlcase61
    mlcase61 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My favorite is bacon and cheddar stuffed chicken breast. You can google some recipes.
  • TravelingGuru
    TravelingGuru Posts: 18 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Favorite at my house...

Stuffed Chicken Roll-Ups
    4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (1.5lbs) - pounded to 1/4 inch thickness
    8-10oz spinach
    Garlic, minced
    1C Mozzarella cheese, shredded
    8 slices bacon

Directions
    Preheat the oven to 375
    Saute spinach and garlic, 2-3 minutes until wilted. Stir in cheese.
    Lay the chicken breasts out on a clean surface, and spoon some of the spinach mixture onto each one. Roll up chicken around filling, then wrap each chicken breast with two slices of bacon. Secure with toothpicks (if pounded thin enough, may not need), and place in a rack in a shallow baking dish.
    Bake uncovered for 35 minutes, then increase heat to 500 for 5min or broiler for 2min to brown the bacon.
    Slice (serrated knife works well) and serve.

Nutrition: cal 335, fat 18, carbs 3, protein 45