Sudden belly fat???

Options
Jalsandy
Jalsandy Posts: 24 Member
edited August 2017 in Fitness and Exercise
So I went back to weight training 2 months ago. I have been doing weight training on and off now for 2 years. I have a very fast metabolism, so when I stop exercising, my weight drops to a drastic level and I shrink in size, so basically my goal in the gym is to bulk up but remain tight. I am 158 cm tall and I weigh 53 kg. I work out 6 days a week, 5 days of weight training, and 1 cardio day. I eat around 1400-1500 calories a day.
So last Friday, I decided to hit the gym, but I noticed that I felt fatigued. I thought it was just all in my head, so I pushed myself through the work out. The next day I felt ok, it was abs day. So I was doing my ab exercises when I noticed that my tummy was jiggly! I have always had a tight tummy, never jiggly! There was never any fat to be seen there, and my abs were visible. But suddenly poof! Jiggly, like jelly. It's not sagging or visible when I'm standing, but I could grab it and feel the soft fat, or when I'm doing cardio, it jiggles.
People tell me it's either because I overtrained myself and didnt give my body the rest it needed when I felt fatigued, and it resulted in fat accumulating around my stomach or my ab muscles depleting and breaking down. But my only question is: Can one gain fat like that in one day of overtraining???
Some tell me that it's probably stretched skin. That day, on abs day, I did a long stretch on the stability ball. I rested my back on the ball and extended my arms, let my head and arms stretch back, thus stretching my abs. Could this loose belly have occured from overstretching? Like stretched skin or muscle?

Replies

• MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    You definitely didn't gain fat in one day by overtraining. Other than that, I have no idea. Maybe the fitness forum can help?
  • Jalsandy
    Options
    You definitely didn't gain fat in one day by overtraining. Other than that, I have no idea. Maybe the fitness forum can help?

Thanks! I'll take it there too
  • Joseph94x
    Joseph94x Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    As you cant build up muscles in a sudden you cant get fat suddenly .. now i dont have an answer to your case but according to what u r saying why would u do any cardio ? If u r struggling to make gains and u lose size when u stop working out
  • Rusty740
    Rusty740 Posts: 749 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Nah, you can't gain fat in one day. Probably nothing.

I think you should go to a full body 3 day/wk program though, with 3 or 4 rest days.

Can you describe the exercises, weights (%1RM), sets, reps please. I'm guessing you do low weights high reps to really get a good pump. Fill those suckers up with water and glycogen but don't really grow them. If that's the case, you'll do well to spread out your rep range to do some heavy 3-5 reps sets and some 8-12 mediums.
  • Jalsandy
    Options
    Joseph94x wrote: »
    As you cant build up muscles in a sudden you cant get fat suddenly .. now i dont have an answer to your case but according to what u r saying why would u do any cardio ? If u r struggling to make gains and u lose size when u stop working out

I do cardio because I had some trouble with my lungs. So a doctor advised me tl do cardio to learn how to regulate my breathing.
  • Jalsandy
    Options
    Rusty740 wrote: »

I think you should go to a full body 3 day/wk program though, with 3 or 4 rest days.

Can you describe the exercises, weights (%1RM), sets, reps please. I'm guessing you do low weights high reps to really get a good pump. Fill those suckers up with water and glycogen but don't really grow them. If that's the case, you'll do well to spread out your rep range to do some heavy 3-5 reps sets and some 8-12 mediums.

I actually go very heavy, but you're right I do go for higher reps, although I am growing in size, it's just moderate and not correspondent to the effort I put in.
  • Jalsandy
    Options
    if you have a very fast metabolism, why are you only eating 1400- 1500 cals?

I swear I'm trying to eat more but that's all I can do :( I try to up my calories but for that to happen I have to eat bigger portions until I throw up :( how can I increase mh calorie intake without feeling sick?
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    sondosalq wrote: »
    Rusty740 wrote: »

I actually go very heavy, but you're right I do go for higher reps, although I am growing in size, it's just moderate and not correspondent to the effort I put in.

Which one? Very heavy or higher reps?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    sondosalq wrote: »
    if you have a very fast metabolism, why are you only eating 1400- 1500 cals?

I swear I'm trying to eat more but that's all I can do :( I try to up my calories but for that to happen I have to eat bigger portions until I throw up :( how can I increase mh calorie intake without feeling sick?

you don't necessarily need more food, just food that is more calorie dense. nuts & seeds, full fat dairy, avocado etc
  • Jalsandy
    Options
    Do you have photos? I just want to see what you're referring to.

I'm not sure if I can post pictures here?
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    water retention.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    water retention.

This. Water retention or bloating.

You don't get loose skin by stretching on a stability ball.
  • Jalsandy
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    lorrpb wrote: »
    water retention.

This. Water retention or bloating.

You don't get loose skin by stretching on a stability ball.

Thanks! It's probably so. I googled it and I'm gonna try to cut down on sodium
  • Jalsandy
    Options

Except you put it out here. If you want to keep it your "beeswax," maybe don't do that next time.

Having someone be so freaked out over a bit of water weight is concerning to me. It screams of all kinds of issues, starting with body dysmorphia.[/quote]

And there you go again, telling people what to do with their business. Easy on your ego. This post was not meant for you, although it seems like you like to think it is, it's a forum where anyone and everyone can ask, including yourself who happens to have an account here and comment on people 's posts then dictate what we should or shouldn't share :D mhmm ok...

You could have easily said it may be water retention. Then maybe I wouldn't feel the need to worry. Just a little bit of insight on what human beings are like, we naturally freak out over things that we can't explain. It's normal. It's even awesome. If you dont do that, then you're the kind of person who'd break an arm and dismiss it as blah and never see a doctor. That's not healthy. However, now that I know that it's water retention; aka an explanation that i can now work on solving, I will not bother your hypersensitive personality with my "miniscule" worries :D good day!