I'm ready for a change!

Options
Hello everyone! My name's Marissa. I just downloaded this app for the first time and I'm excited to start my weight loss journey and a journey to a better me! Over the past 2+ years I've gained over 40lbs. Yikes! I haven't had a lot of motivation to make changes. Started on and off working out over the past year but haven't stuck to anything.

Things in my life have been rough lately, especially over the last 2-2.5 months. I had a miscarriage early in my first pregnancy (2 months ago tomorrow). I've had moderate depression for the last month and a half. I've been unmotivated in many areas of my life. I'm ready to bound back and be better than before. I want to lose the weight and eat healthier and made lasting changes, especially before my husband and I try to get pregnant again. I think for the first time in a long time I've found something up motivate me.

I'd love to find some people to help keep the motivation going and to treck on this journey with me! Any takers?

Replies

• EmiFry3
    EmiFry3 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    We are in the same boat. My miscarriage (1 year ago Sept. 9) caused me to fall into a depression and I gained 20lbs. I was overweight before adding the extra 20 I want to lose more and better myself before trying again.
  • MarissaLock3
    MarissaLock3 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    EmiFry3 wrote: »
    We are in the same boat. My miscarriage (1 year ago Sept. 9) caused me to fall into a depression and I gained 20lbs. I was overweight before adding the extra 20 I want to lose more and better myself before trying again.

Sorry to hear about your miscarriage. :'( It's beyond heartbreaking to go through, and its a type of pain that's hard to explain to someone that hasn't gone through it. My heart goes out to you! <3 Thanks for the friend add and I'm excited to go on this journey with you!
  • QJ18
    QJ18 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'll be friends! :smile: I also accidentally gained 40-50 lbs over the past 2 years and my sense of self worth took a bit of a hit. I think getting strong to prepare for pregnancy is a wonderful motivator! Sorry to hear about your miscarriage. :heart:
  • MarissaLock3
    MarissaLock3 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    QJ18 wrote: »
    I'll be friends! :smile: I also accidentally gained 40-50 lbs over the past 2 years and my sense of self worth took a bit of a hit. I think getting strong to prepare for pregnancy is a wonderful motivator! Sorry to hear about your miscarriage. :heart:

I understand the self worth thing all too well! I've been so self conscious lately. And it didn't help that a customer at work came up to me and said "when's the baby due?" followed by " you're pregnant right?". This was someone that would have had no idea even if I still was pregnant and I was mortified. That also pushed me into gear. I don't want to look pregnant unless I am!

Thank you for the kind words! Happy to start this journey with a new friend!
  • PrincesseAly23
    PrincesseAly23 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I gained 60 Lbs in the past 2 years and dealt with health problems, depression, and low self-esteem as well. I'd be happy if any of you would add me!

My heart goes out to you ladies who are trying to start a family and have suffered loss. My close friend went through the same thing. I wish you every happiness
  • artbyrachelh
    artbyrachelh Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    My heart goes out to you, my husband and I went through a miscarriage October of 2015. Our lives were jarred in a way we could never have anticipated. I wish you every success and healing. Hopefully 2018 holds a new baby for you!