Hi! New to this and looking for friend (pcos and weight lost)

Options
oelr9
oelr9 Posts: 27 Member
edited August 2017 in Introduce Yourself
I am trying to lose 60lbs but seems to be so hard. Being a female who has pcos makes it even harder. I am looking for friends that can provide tips, recipes, their stories, motivation, and support! :)

Replies

• getmeowthofhere
    getmeowthofhere Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi, I as well have PCOS and still have about 60lbs to lose. From my highest weight I've lost about 30lbs so far. I was at about 185 and then found myself in an abusive relationship. Shot up to 260 and am about 230 currently. Aiming for 175. I'm trying really hard to do it without taking metformin. I've found since a lot of the issues stem from my body not utilizing insulin properly if I reduce my carb and sugar intake and drink a lot of water, I usually see results. I eat a lot of veggies too and try to make sure any carbs I do eat have other nutritional value to them.
  • oelr9
    edited August 2017
    Options
  • oelr9
    Options
    Hi, I as well have PCOS and still have about 60lbs to lose. From my highest weight I've lost about 30lbs so far. I was at about 185 and then found myself in an abusive relationship. Shot up to 260 and am about 230 currently. Aiming for 175. I'm trying really hard to do it without taking metformin. I've found since a lot of the issues stem from my body not utilizing insulin properly if I reduce my carb and sugar intake and drink a lot of water, I usually see results. I eat a lot of veggies too and try to make sure any carbs I do eat have other nutritional value to them.

I am in a similar situation as you. I am like 225lbs and want to get to about 160lbs. However, due to pcos i ended up getting diabetes. So now im screwed taking all these meds and my weight going up and down. I lost about 25lbs from my highest weight but i would love to lose more.
  • getmeowthofhere
    getmeowthofhere Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My best advice is just to watch sugar and carbs the most. I know if I eat a heavy sugar and carb diet my anxiety spikes up and i start getting left side flank pain. Sugar is especially the worst. That'll make me gain weight faster than anything.
  • sannklinger
    sannklinger Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I've been doing this for almost a year and have lost 115 pounds so far. I am not by any means an expert but have found what's worked for me. I count calories and fat mostly. This app I just log the food I'm eating and it tells me how much more I can have
  • oelr9
    Options
    My best advice is just to watch sugar and carbs the most. I know if I eat a heavy sugar and carb diet my anxiety spikes up and i start getting left side flank pain. Sugar is especially the worst. That'll make me gain weight faster than anything.

Def thats what ive been doing but its so hard cause mainly everying contains sugar or carbs...but ive been trying to find new recepies to follow and some motivation :)
  • oelr9
    Options
    I've been doing this for almost a year and have lost 115 pounds so far. I am not by any means an expert but have found what's worked for me. I count calories and fat mostly. This app I just log the food I'm eating and it tells me how much more I can have

Wowww thats awesome congrats! What exactly did you do to lose the weight? I know count calories, but like what did you eat? Recepie ideas? :) im looking to lose 60lbs