Binge eating and food obsession

Hi! I'm looking for friends who will motivate and help me with my binge eating. I lost 20 pounds last year using fitness pal app and working out and over the last 10 months or so, I've binged back almost all the weight

Replies

• James_run7
    James_run7 Posts: 24 Member
    I'll be your friend
  • artbyrachelh
    artbyrachelh Posts: 338 Member
    You can do this. You're in good company
  • susanayt97
    susanayt97 Posts: 309 Member
    I'm in a similar situation. I'm just starting out again, and so far keeping track of what I eat and getting involved with the community is working for me. I now feel like I don't want to disappoint the people that support and believe in me, I'm motivated to be honest about what I eat :)
  • cjv73
    cjv73 Posts: 240 Member
    Hi! I'm looking for friends who will motivate and help me with my binge eating. I lost 20 pounds last year using fitness pal app and working out and over the last 10 months or so, I've binged back almost all the weight

I struggled with bingeing for a couple of years recently, (even attended a weekly support group) but to be honest, what really helped me to get control of it was when I did Whole30 last summer. It was really weird, I tried the Whole30 for the allergen/health reasons (it cleared up my psoriasis and I discovered some food sensitivities) but the biggest thing I noticed was that I got a handle on the bingeing! I find that I do well with structure, and since I was completely dedicated to following the rules of the program religiously for the whole 30 days, I never binged once, and by the end of the month the temptation was gone. I have had occasional over-indulgences since then, but I can honestly say I've never since had a real honest-to-goodness-I-feel-totally-out-of-control-of-myself binge like I used to.
  • Veeschfit77
    Veeschfit77 Posts: 6 Member
    Dang it!! It didn't post my entire post! Only partial!
  • cjv73
    cjv73 Posts: 240 Member
    Dang it!! It didn't post my entire post! Only partial!

You should still be able to edit it. You get one hour from when you made the initial post...
  • miozzo77
    miozzo77 Posts: 7 Member
    Same with me! Lost 30 pounds with this app!! But binge eating got the beat of me, yet again....binging makes me feel bad so I binge more then I quit the gym because I feel I'm not worth it so I punish myself by binging more bla bla bla it's such an awful cycle....gained about 20 pounds back and really unhappy plus none of my clothes fit.... getting back at it ! Add me!
  • Blackra
    Blackra Posts: 3 Member
    I can totally be here with you. I am currently in the worst shape I've ever been in coming right out of the best shape I've ever been in. I have 30 lbs to loose. I just graduated from physical therapy assistant school and will be taking my Personal Trainer certification exam soon. It's not like I don't know what to do. I could just use some support to eat better. I am being treated for PTSD and had my thyroid removed because of cancer then my dad passed away. Those all equal crazy hormone fluctuations so now I'm out of control with my diet and weight. I'll be happy to offer advice with the training I have. I just need people to be responsible to for my diet.
  • mfroszell2
    mfroszell2 Posts: 1 Member
    I have had binge eating disorder since i was 12 years old. Trauma as a child caused me to turn to food and i never realized i had an eating disorder until i started a weight loss program associated with the hospital/clinic system i work for. They referred me to "The Emily Program" which is an eating disorder clinic to deal with my food issues. I was kind of floored. I always associated eating disorders with anorexia or bulimia but i've definitely realized that's not true. I always worked on a medical surgical floor that specializes in weight loss surgery and realized quickly that there is always a reason some one gains 700 lbs!! it's not just that they are lazy and that's not my story either. I have always worked in the medical field, running around for 9 hours but since i hurt my back it hasn't been an option. I started to see a chiropractor for my back so i could be more active again and then thought i'll apply to nursing school. I knew i couldn't work full-time on the med/surg floor during nursing school so i took a desk job at the hospital. Now i sit all day in school, sit doing homework and studying and sit at work all night!!!! I'm packing on the pounds!! my binge eating has always kept me overweight but my active job always counteracted it to keep me pretty much the same heaviness. I lost 45 lbs 1.5-2 years ago and now i'm only at 23 lbs lost!!! I have to get it together cause no one is going to take nutrition information seriously from a fat nurse!!!! I could use your support as well!! BED will not get the best of us!!!
  • yweight1969
    yweight1969 Posts: 64 Member
    I lost 60 about 7 years ago and put it all back on due to life stress And now I'm extra binge eating being my mother's caregiver I'll binge eat and not even like the food, ugh! I lost 13 lbs but I'm at a plateau because of the bingeing and stress has me unmotivated. I feel your pain no real advice as to getting it back together, I know you're in the right place. Good luck all:)
  • katherinejoyce80
    katherinejoyce80 Posts: 2 Member
    edited October 2017
    I am also struggling with binge eating. I'm do ally starting to realize I need some help! Please feel free to add me. I'm looking for others who feel similar to go I do. It's hard to do this alone