Are there many folks over 60 here?

Options
Hi Everyone,

I would love to make friends with folks over 60. I am 63 and this is a new challenge for me. I work at home on line so much of my time is spent sitting and over the years my backside has gotten broader and broader. :grumble:

I had neck surgery last Sept and back surgery last Nov and the doctor said I need to walk walk walk. Have found out I am full of arthritis and diabetes is in the family, so I know the weight has to come off and I have to get moving.

Would like to make friends with gals or guys with the same issues to share tips, ideas and encouragement.

Looking forward to making lots of new friends. :smile:

Linda

Replies

• tuneses
    tuneses Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    My mom turned 60 a couple weeks ago and I'm sure she'd love more mfp friends on her journey. I'll send her this way :)
  • Tracysteele
    Tracysteele Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 61 and also working hard to shed pounds......just started two weeks ago and I like how easy it is to log calories in and out. I had back problems and strongly recommend you have a handy neighbor or friend build you a computer stand that you can mount over a treadmill. It's easy to work at a computer while walking at 2 mph and you will burn many calories. If you search for computer and treadmill on line, you'll get lots of ideas. Another idea is to use a timer and every 25 minutes, get up and move around your house continuously for 5 minutes, picking up clutter, making beds, pulling 10 weeds from tthe garden, sweeping the kitchen floor. In an 8 hour day, that's 80 minutes of moving, bending, reaching, lifting! Good luck!