If you've done Weight Watchers in the past, I've got a question for you

Options
I'm just a few pounds away from my goal weight of 125. I'm 20 and 5'5" with a small build. Although I'm nearly at goal, parts of my body are still pretty flabby... upper arms, thighs, tummy. I don't want to lose any more weight but I want to tone up the flab so I look as healthy as I feel.

I think it would benefit me greatly to work with a trainer who knows how to efficiently tone and build muscle. I know that Weight Watchers offers personal coaching. I've done WW before and can access my account if I have a reason to, but I've never tried the coaching. Have you worked with any of their coaches? Was your experience a positive one or not? Would you recommend someone in particular who could help me get more toned while maintaining my weight? Or, would you suggest steering clear of WW and going somewhere like 24 Hour Fitness or Planet Fitness instead?

Any advice and suggestions would be appreciated! :)

Replies

• yweight1969
    yweight1969 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    WW coaches aren't physical fitness coaches, I like the idea of finding one at a gym and near you who is certified and professional and knows what their doing. Do your research and interview them well so you get what you're looking for.
  • Nashville96
    Nashville96 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the help, everyone! I appreciate it. I'll look into what the gyms around me offer for personal trainers.
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    WW coaches aren't physical fitness coaches, I like the idea of finding one at a gym and near you who is certified and professional and knows what their doing. Do your research and interview them well so you get what you're looking for.

Exactly. They coach you on aspects of adherence to their plan, not fitness goals specifically. This is based on what I've been told about it. I've never used the service. I'd go to a professional and accredited personal trainer for the goals you seek. Good luck!
  • labblb86
    labblb86 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I lost 60 pounds last year on WW. Been maintaining/at Lifetime for 9 months. Although I liked the number, I was "flabby" in some areas. 3 months ago I got a personal trainer. Wish I did it sooner! I am toning up, getting stronger. WW is excellent for weight loss, but not so much for fitness.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I believe their coaches are diet coaches. Find someone local! Not even a gym necessarily, there are a lot of public workout/boot camp type trainers that do stuff in parks and things.
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    The "Y" is also a possible resource for personal training and a manageable gym fee.