failure

Options
Monday starts our challenge....time to get serious...i've only lost 16 lbs in a little over 4 months...I feel like a failure....especially since this program is designed to lose 5 lbs a month.....I have two and a half weeks until I go back to school....I would like to see a 5 lbs weight loss...any suggestions?

Replies

• kellicarter11
    kellicarter11 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I should also state that I do not have a gym anywhere near me
  • paulyarwooduk
    Options
    I know how that feels. A friend of mine on here suggested the 'Jillian Michaels 30 day shred'. I bought it online cheaply and I've been doing this almost every day for the past month and all my clothes are too big now. I am due to weigh myself on Monday.

Not having a gym is never a problem. If this DVD is not your thing there are loads out there as so long as you're willing to put in the effort you will definitely see results. Promise.

Good luck

Paul
    x
  • lucasgirl
    lucasgirl Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the 16! I don't loose the weight as fast as everyone else, so I understand your frustration. Just keep with it and it'll come off. Is it possible you've lost more inches than weight? I cannot afford the gym, so I do alot of exercise vidoes. I really like Tae-bo, Zumba, Netflix has some great ones too. If you have a Facebook account, go check out the LiveLean site, they have some really good workout ideas and tips.

Good Luck!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Run!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady is the way to go! 16lbs in four months is NOT failure. Try making being healthy your goal instead of losing weight. You are young, and I know it's hard to be patient but you've just got to be. Keep working and it'll come off. It's take me 13 months to lose 23lbs.

5lbs in 2.5 weeks is a little unrealistic and will be difficult. Just do what you can and don't sweat the total numbers. Walk, run, bike, get some exercise DVDs (I love Turbo Fire but it's expensive). Does your school have a gym? Start using that when you get back if you want.
  • vickyplum
    vickyplum Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Please dont feel like a failure your anything but that!!!
    look how far you have come already!!
    I have a wii have been using it for more than 18months
    everyone has their own thing!! wether it be wii xbox or dvd's

You are doing brilliantly keep up the good work!!

best of luck to you on your journey
    V xx
  • lsd007
    lsd007 Posts: 435
    Options
    You aren't a failure.
  • Twasney
    Twasney Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I hear ya on that one....18 pounds in 6 months! I had a 3 month stint where my weight just went up and down and I was struggling because of the constantly changing levels of my medication. I am hoping now that we have found a successful level I will see some positive change!! I am seeing inch difference but the scale has been very cruel to me!

I just started getting really serious about writing down everything even when its bad and I opened my diary to the public. I am hoping that as I keep working here and trying out the tips given to me by people here that I will start to see the change!!!

Good luck and look at it more as a glitch and not a failure my friend!!
  • ocdwriter
    ocdwriter Posts: 9
    Options
    No need for a gym! Seriously, just stay active. When you're bored, go for a walk, go window shopping, go to the park, play wii. Standing burns 64cal/hour. When watching tv, do some leg lifts, jumping jacks, planks, lunges, anything. Instead of snacking on "low calorie" chips (a serving size is usually tiny) cut up an apple into little pieces and snack on that.

Use the weight loss equation. 3,500 calories equals one pound. So in order for you to lose 5 pounds in 2.5 weeks, your calorie defecit would have to be 972. I don't know what your BMR is but let's just say if it were 1500, your net calories would have to be about 530. Achievable with an active lifestyle. Don't restrict calories to less than 900 calories though.

It's really all about the math and sticking to it. Hang in there :)
  • Kagard11
    Kagard11 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I understand how you feel, but you could be 16 pounds heavier had you not been trying, so kudos to you!