Paleo Parameters

I really like MyFitnessPal, but one thing that annoys me is that the traditional view that 'fat is bad' seems to be baked into the application. Is it possible to reconfigure MyFitnessPal so that it doesn't warn about approaching too much fat, salt, etc? I can configure the macronutrients along the Paleo template, but the messaging still seems to assume that fat is bad.

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Can't you just ignore it? If you don't believe it, why let it bother you?
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    You can turn the diary insights notifications off, go into settings/diary settings and untick the box that's says diary insights. I switched them off because I found them annoying, I know what works for me.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    The non-judgemental attitude was one of the things that attracted me to MFP, but I know they have implemented that (STUPID) feature for some users/platforms, although I've never been exposed to them myself. At least you can turn them off.
  • MommaGem2017
    MommaGem2017 Posts: 405 Member
    It will do the same things for carbs, sodium, or sugars or whatever you've set as your nutrients to display - it's not just fat.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Yes, it's not just fat. I always get a warning that I'm getting close to my carb limit. It doesn't bother me since I mostly log through the web app, but it's not like fat is being targeted with this. Good thing you can turn it off (I didn't know that). You can also customize your ratios if you haven't done so yet.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Turn the notifications for that off, or log on the web where it doesn't do that