Need help gettin enough calories.

Options
Ha! Who would've thought that I could get in all my calories. I'm finding if I eat a late breakfast, I'm not hungry for lunch. Then I eat dinner. Today I had a late lunch, dinner, and a snack. I had five servings of fruits and vegetables together. I had two grass fed hamburger patty. 1500ml of water so far. I don't have an appetite after eating veg and drink water. I'm getting concerned how to get enough calories. I've had 600 so far today. Need another 600, but as I said, I'm not hungry. I'm cutting out grains, dairy, and added sugar. SUGGESTIONS?????!

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    One day eating below your goal won't hurt you. You may find you're a bit hungrier tomorrow and want some extra calories. But if it's a regular occurrence, I'd suggest the following:

-eat breakfast earlier
    -add in some calorie dense foods to your day (nuts, nut butters, cooking oils, if you aren't avoiding dairy for a medical or ethical reason I would add that back in)
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    The food you have eaten today should be more than 600 calories. Fruit and vegetables have calories.
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    Added sugar I can understand, but why grains and dairy?
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Bacon, salmon, tuna, nuts, chia seeds, flax seeds, flax seed oil, whole eggs, chocolate,
    larger sizes for the patties, olives, olive oil, avocado,
  • skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    The calories of the patty depend on its size and how lean the meat was that is used. Also, you probably prepared it in some kind of fat, which also counts. MFP has widely different calorie estimations for "1 patty" (around 100 to around 300).
    There are basically two options: You underestimated the calories you actually ate (then you have to adapt that), or you have some underlying health problem and should check this with a doctor (because otherwise you would be hungry after only 600 calories for the whole day).
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Ha! Who would've thought that I could get in all my calories. I'm finding if I eat a late breakfast, I'm not hungry for lunch. Then I eat dinner. Today I had a late lunch, dinner, and a snack. I had five servings of fruits and vegetables together. I had two grass fed hamburger patty. 1500ml of water so far. I don't have an appetite after eating veg and drink water. I'm getting concerned how to get enough calories. I've had 600 so far today. Need another 600, but as I said, I'm not hungry. I'm cutting out grains, dairy, and added sugar. SUGGESTIONS?????!

as others asked, how do you figure all that adds up to only 600 calories?? while possible, its not likely. you are probably a lot closer to your 1200 calorie goal than you think!
  • juliejules1011wi
    juliejules1011wi Posts: 19 Member
    Options

How did you determine that you only consumed 600 calories? That seems like a lot of food for 600 calories, two hamburger patties and an apple would probably be close to 600 calories.

How did you determine that you only consumed 600 calories? That seems like a lot of food for 600 calories, two hamburger patties and an apple would probably be close to 600 calories.

• juliejules1011wi
    Options
    I used the MyFitnessPal tracker. I think the healthy fats keep me satisfied and not hungry. Because I have a knee and foot problem, I'm not working out...my weight loss is coming to a screeching halt. Need to hit gym and swim!

I've also found some items on MyFitnessPal are not accurate, so I need to check calories!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,982 Member
    Options
    I used the MyFitnessPal tracker. I think the healthy fats keep me satisfied and not hungry. Because I have a knee and foot problem, I'm not working out...my weight loss is coming to a screeching halt. Need to hit gym and swim!

I've also found some items on MyFitnessPal are not accurate, so I need to check calories!

Please change your Diary Sharing settings to Public: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options

Are you weighing your food with a scale?
  • juliejules1011wi
    Options

Are you weighing your food with a scale?

Yes I am. Plus i had a friend measure me.
  • juliejules1011wi
    Options
    Duh...reread. No, I'm not using a food scale. Great idea!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,982 Member
    Options
    Please change your Diary Sharing settings to Public: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings