I'm new. Need help and friends.

Options
Hello. I'm 177 at 5'1, my goal is to lose 30lbs by the end of the year. Everyone tells me it's impossible and I'm starting to feel that way. I can't excise right now because my toe is super infect and waiting for my insurance to go through for surgery. For now, all I can do is eat as well as I can. I want friends so I can stay motivated and continue. I'll be sharing my diary and if anyone has any suggestions, opinions or tips... I'm all open! As far as exercises, if anyone has suggestions of anything I can do without standing? For now. Once I get surgery, I'm getting an elliptical machine in my living room. Friend request welcome. Suggestions are welcome as well as criticism. I want to do this and I'm serious. Thank you!

Replies

• ginabeana0522
    ginabeana0522 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Gina. I am sorry to hear about your toe, when's surgery? I have a few ideas that worked for me during some surgeries of my own.
  • ginabeana0522
    ginabeana0522 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Me again. Gina. I think your goal is doable, you seem motivated and open to suggestions. That's a good attitude. What are you doing so far? I need someone to keep me honest and encourage me to go do it!
  • Alarmed_one
    Alarmed_one Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Doc said the referral takes about 3 weeks. Currently taking antibiotics because it's infect. All I can do is wait at the moment. I will take whatever tips you can give me. I'm new at this.
  • Alarmed_one
    Options
    As far as exercise I'm doing nothing. As far as eating, I fasted for 3 days to detox my body. I'm eating and trying to stay under 1200 but fail by just a little. My diary is open to friends if you can add me. Only drinking water and not eating out.
  • Alarmed_one
    Options
    I don't know how to reply, sorry. Trying to get the hang of this.
  • SisepuedeLinda
    SisepuedeLinda Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    How ironic I also gave an infected toe due to an ingrown toenail! I was doing exercises in the beginning but I haven't been able to for the last 2 1/2 weeks. I've been logging for 38 days now and I've lost 13 pounds! And my goal is much larger than yours, 75 pound loss goal, and I'm doing ok with it. All I do is count calories and walk a little at work about 3,000 steps. Are you able to walk at all? I think just doing 20 minutes of walking and counting calories does a very good job with weight loss. Just keep staying away from fast food and if you can't, don't worry. Just start over the next day but don't make it a habit. Even if you can't walk, eating less calories than you were WILL help. Don't listen to anyone who says otherwise. This is your health and you can do it! :)
  • bacardy_now
    bacardy_now Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.. need more buddies.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    Take you TIME- remember you want to lose healthy- not rush it and all the weight comes back- even if you can't exercise you can lose weight- oh- and maybe you might not want to TELL folks who may discourage you about it- just let them SEE your results- weight loss usually takes time
  • betrishy
    betrishy Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You could try chair yoga or other seated excersies. Have you tried a row machine or recumbent bike? Healthy living is a journey not a destination. You can do this!
  • Alarmed_one
    Options
    Thank you all, I will take everything you have suggested and see what works for me. Going to experiment... even if I don't lose anything, I will continue to do this. In the past I have given up because I didn't see results and gained a ton. I'm just going to keep going no matter what.
  • LexiKazoo95
    LexiKazoo95 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Add me :)
  • kcraig6207
    kcraig6207 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hello! I would say your goal is doable! I have lost 35 pounds and counting without exercising. It's all about calories in/calories out. (Although I am wanting to start exercising for fitness soon...and maybe to get a few extra calories!!) I just put my stats into MFP and followed that pretty strictly - I actually chose to put a loss of 1.5 pounds per week to get more calories (just in case!). I just make sure to stay within those calories. Honestly I consistently lose 1-2 pounds per week. Just be diligent about measuring liquids and weighing your solid foods and you can lose too! That is really the best advice I have! Also I log my food every day, even if I go over. I just make sure I am always holding myself accountable. Add me if you'd like!
  • Don64V2
    Don64V2 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    They say that losing 2 pounds a week (8 pounds a month) is a healthy weight loss amount and very doable. Given that there are 4 months left in the year, losing 30 pounds by the end of the year is a good attainable goal. I sent you a friend request. Would love to support and motivate you. I am looking for supportive friends as well.
  • Uisceuisce
    Uisceuisce Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm happy for you to add me, I'm doing weight loss too
  • SashaMaja
    SashaMaja Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend if you want.