Anyone ever join the excercise coach ???

I bought a groupon for them and have just had my 4th session and it kicked my butt today, I have 4 more sessions and wondering if it's worth joining for 3 months or buying a membership to my local gym again.

I have had past success dropping weight with my local gym by riding an excercise bike / running/ walking the track, but haven't felt comfortable lfiting weights on my own, I always felt like I wasn't getting a work out, because I didn't know what weight I should be lifting to get any benifit.

The kind of work out the excercise coach offers is sooo different than what I've done in the past and I'm wondering if it really works ???

I've started to keep a food / excercise log on here and wonder if the weight I'll drop will be due to the success of calorie counting or the quick 20 min feel the burn type of work outs.

Just wondering if anyone has any feed back ??? Also how have you logged your workouts ---I wasn't sure how to log them in since they are a quick 20 min intense work out.

Thanks for the help ~ feedback

Sherri

Replies

• IrraCore
    IrraCore Posts: 5
    Hi Sherri,

Not sure how helpful this is but here is my experiance. In 2007, we were looking at some photos I took after vacation and I said, "holy cow, look at me! Too darn fat". Anyways, I decided I would train for a marathon (the LA marathon in March 2009). So I started running and the weight came off slowly but surely. I completed the marathon but wanted to lose some extra pounds around my belly. Since I never did any strenght training (maybe a few bicep curls), I invested in training sessions just for weights and it was amazing. The trainer worked me hard and I looked the best I ever did in 2008 (and I was no spring chicken at that time, I was 36). So for me it was totally worth it to try something so out of my comfort zone and it really did the trick for me. Of course I got pregnant and had a baby in 2009 so now, am back trying to lose 20 pounds!

As for workouts, I just pick the closest one to what I did and usually enter the calories burnt based on the gym equipment or use the estimated calories burnt the tool provides. Hope this helps you decide, and good luck.
  • travel925
    travel925 Posts: 2
    Thanks for the feedback. It looks like I might be the guinea pig for the Exercise Coach, I think I'm going to look at my local gym and see what their personal trainer sessions are as well.
  • anyone currently doing this? not sure how to log the activity