Bad Combos (food)

Options
iMikey
iMikey Posts: 17 Member
edited August 2017 in Food and Nutrition
Alright so I've came to the keen conclusion that almonds and my vega protein shake do not mix well together/before/after. I always get a small stomach ache. I just tested it to see. I ate Raw brazil nuts and I was fine but when I got those almonds in me, oh boy.
What are some food combinations that you've noticed didn't sit too well inside you. Please share! For science!

Replies

• iMikey
    Options
    Aww man my stomach is beating* me up right this minute
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    You might want to get a food sensitivity test. Are you sure it's not the protein shake? Some people's stomachs react badly to pea protein or whey.
  • iMikey
    edited August 2017
    Options
    You might want to get a food sensitivity test. Are you sure it's not the protein shake? Some people's stomachs react badly to pea protein or whey.
    It's only when I eat almonds after the protein shake. Or drink protein after I eat almonds. Drinking about 2 bottles of water alleviates the stomach pain. I just avoid eating my almonds after/before my protein shake now.
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Pickles and tomatoes. Can't eat them within an hour of each other. Don't know why, just can't
  • MsChucktowski
    MsChucktowski Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    When I used to eat eggs, I'd feel sick if I ate them scrambled. Fried, boiled, poached were all fine. I'd also get the same stomach ache after eating pancakes, french toast, but not waffles. Maybe the milk + eggs + frying pan combination?? Idk, it's weird :|
  • iMikey
    edited August 2017
    Options
    When I used to eat eggs, I'd feel sick if I ate them scrambled. Fried, boiled, poached were all fine. I'd also get the same stomach ache after eating pancakes, french toast, but not waffles. Maybe the milk + eggs + frying pan combination?? Idk, it's weird :|
    That's interesting. Does the sight of scrambled eggs make you queazy? I know some people that can't eat scrambled egg just because they "look nasty", or even the yolk, which I completely understand.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Digestive troubles with potatoes. Wine in a cream sauce can curdle it; bad idea.
  • Mithridites
    Mithridites Posts: 595 Member
    Options

What are you frying them in? Oil? Butter?