Thoughts on Dandelion Root Pills?

Options
Anyone take them?

Replies

• robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    Take them for what reason? Though I personally nothing about them, if they had a valid health or weight loss benefit, many of us would be aware of it.

More info on the purpose would help, but in general there are no magic pills.

• rdix333
    rdix333 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Dandelion what? Never?
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Dandelion root is a natural diuretic. They *might* cause your body to drop a little water, but it would be temporary. What kind of results are you looking for?
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Exlax is cheaper with similar results
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    I just looked it up, and besides being a diuretic, it is said to act as a laxative, slow cancer growth, decrease inflammation, inhibit microbial and fungal growth, improve liver function, regulate blood sugar and insulin, improve HDL cholesterol, and boost immune function. Web MD says that none of these claims have been proven yet. If they ever are proven, I'll stop pulling them out of my lawn and start cultivating them!

It makes me wonder what I'd find if I looked up mustard greens or chard! Seriously though, I'm interested in folk remedies and the use of herbs, but skeptical of the quality found in bottles of capsules. It's hard to find a source you can really trust.
  • JnineGains
    JnineGains Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I was jw because my friend recommends them To her clients and she is a personal trainer/health junky
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    I started taking them around 3 months ago, recommended by my doctor to keep my edema under control. I have noticed a big change in keeping my weight (water weight) pretty steady. Other than that I am not sure they have any other benefits