How to figure out my meals calorie?!

Options
lbjourneytobeauty
lbjourneytobeauty Posts: 44 Member
edited August 2017 in Food and Nutrition
So I'm doing the keto diet & im having a hard time calculating my calories from the meal. I don't understand the onlinehelp and have tried them but they don't really explain and I can't find any helpful YouTube videos :( I need help . I tried to find the closest thing to what i think it could equal but MFP has the carbs as a lot and now I'm scared I'll be thrown out of ketosis. I made shrimp alfredo zucchini

My ingredients :
Francesco Rinaldi classic alfredo sauce 90 cals
Serves about 6 people
Sea best shrimp 90 calories
And zucchini zoodles from price chopper which is 15 calories
Also salt and pepper , garlic powder and that's it.

I don't know all the info but I can get it from my trash LOL if it'll help anyone who can figure this out for me !!

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Search for each product/food, check that the nutrition info matches what you expect.

You enter the weights of the ingredients individually...

Calorie count and macros for the meal calculated for you!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Did you weigh your portion? How many carbs did you have available for this meal, and how many net carbs did you consume? You may have to dig in the trash and use the old recipe tool.
  • lbjourneytobeauty
    Options
    My scale broke but I ate a small amount just in case I over consumed .& I don't mind finding out how much , I'd just rather do the math myself . Does anyone know the equation. Like do I take the full servings of say "90 cals per 6 servings " and multiple then divide by etc.. for each ?
  • timtam163
    timtam163 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    It's probably 90 calories per serving? So 90*6=540.

Are you new to logging/keto? From what I understand keto requires being super exact in your logging, so if you're new to it give yourself some time to get used to it and don't beat yourself up for slip-ups.
  • lbjourneytobeauty
    Options
    Yes I'm new , the sauce only has 2 grams of carbs , 1 gram of sugar so 1 net gram of carbs I'm guessing , so I couldn't have consumed too much carbs so I'm pretty ok with the meal , I estimated and MFP says homemade shrimp Alfredo zucchini is about 400 cals ,4-6grams of carbs so I'll go with that Bc the sauce is light in carbs so either way if my portion was little big , my carbs won't be like 20 grams , at least I hope
  • lbjourneytobeauty
    Options
    I'm going to try to estimate Bc with keto I don't get how it can possible to know every single macro, it's impossible and I'm not gonna weigh every single little thing for every single meal
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try to estimate Bc with keto I don't get how it can possible to know every single macro, it's impossible and I'm not gonna weigh every single little thing for every single meal

Logging takes practice, it gets easier as you go. There are only 3 macros - carbs, protein, and fats - so it is totally possible to know the macros in your meal. There is a sticky post which goes over how to log correctly.

You'll find lots of people here weigh all their food. I don't do Keto, but I believe when you are starting out accuracy is important so you can figure out how many carbs you can eat and stay in ketosis.

There is a low carb group here somewhere, you might want to check that out :)