Vacation weight loss/gain stories ;)

Options
Back from a 1 week long all inclusive vacay in Puerto vallarta where I ate and drank like a horse. I am talking well over 3000 cals everyday. Didn't even bother to log the details. Just weighed myself this morning and I am now plus 5 pounds on the dot. Fortunately I am 1 or 2 days away from my period so that likely explains 2 to 3 pounds. The rest, unfortunately, are real. I hope to be back to baseline by Sept. 4th.

Please share your vacation weight loss/gain story.

Replies

• Uandi328
    Uandi328 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I should add that I had lost 29 pounds. Now it's 24. Oh well....i know what to do to lose it.
  • Shazbotxo
    Shazbotxo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm heading off on my hols this week and expecting the same! I get extra hungry in the heat.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Gained 2 lbs last time and it took me 2 months to lose it (I'm maintaining and finding it pretty impossible to eat at a deficit again).
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Gained 7 pounds in a week long holiday and three days after holiday it was down to a gain of 3. Three is probably accurate.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    Jst got back from a 2 day mini vacation and managed to pack on 13 pounds. I really didnt eat THAT much but i was eating basiclly all burgers and fries and if it was chocolate coated it was in my mouth. Im quite impressed by my gain, It was gone quick and was a funny reminder that looking 6 months pregnant is not only gross looking but uncomfortable. NO regrets but ill take my healthy diet xD
  • DM_78
    DM_78 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Vacation a few weeks ago, was up 7lbs in 7 days. I anticipated the consequences; actually I would have thought that it would have been a little more. Didn't track or log calories, but I'm sure I was over maintenance. Chinese buffet one day, ice cream and gelatto, fish fry and potatoes, burgers and hot dogs and sweet corn, blueberry muffins. Two weeks later-down a total of nine pounds. Vacation weight + additional 2lbs gone.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Ten pounds up in 10 days - combination of more calories, more volume of food, more salt in my food, back injury and resulting, inflammation, less exercise than normal, air travel..... Mostly water as can be seen by the initial whoosh of weight loss.
    Probably only 2 or 3lbs of fat gained and lost. Just a very temporary blip, my tan lasted longer than my excess weight. :sunglasses:

7gib50vkgemx.png
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I gained 8kgs in a week on honeymoon. Lost most in a week after coming home.

Most holidays we spend walking or doing activities which helps balance out the overindulging...
  • Etsar73
    Etsar73 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I've been in Europe for 7 weeks and l ate like a pig! Have not been on the scales but my clothes are tight and l can see l have put on weight. I estimate 6kg although could be more. At airport transit at the moment... l will see the damage when l get home!
  • Uandi328
    Options
    DM_78 wrote: »
    Vacation a few weeks ago, was up 7lbs in 7 days. I anticipated the consequences; actually I would have thought that it would have been a little more. Didn't track or log calories, but I'm sure I was over maintenance. Chinese buffet one day, ice cream and gelatto, fish fry and potatoes, burgers and hot dogs and sweet corn, blueberry muffins. Two weeks later-down a total of nine pounds. Vacation weight + additional 2lbs gone.

You give me hope. ;)
  • Uandi328
    Options
    Anyone regret the gain?

I know I don't. Lol
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I usually lose on my hols due to increased levels of exercise and sticking to my diet. But on days I fly I eat anything I want. And that's usually General Tso chicken, Starbucks sugary coffees, plane food etc.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    The most I gained on a weeks all inclusive holiday was 5lbs... good times!
  • BeYouTiful94
    BeYouTiful94 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Went to Disney for 3 days with my intern group. I ate so many bread rolls, cupcakes, cookies, orange creamsicles, and just food in general. I was wholly unsurprised when I came home with an additional 7 pounds. I think the only thing that saved me was the 12-15 miles each day walking around the park, and the 5K I ran in while I was there. Naturally, it's been 4 days and I'm already back down 6 pounds and I'm not crying over a 1 pound gain, seeing as I've been in maintenance for over a year and this is in my normal range anyway. Plus, the food was freaking amazing. Sorry, not sorry :D
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,144 Member
    Options
    I gain water weight due to driving or flying.
    I take long and frequent vacations so I do watch what and where I eat (I don't drink and I don't eat many sweets), and I don't go to all inclusive places. Most of the weight is water retention and in few days is off, and the rest in a week or two.
  • DM_78
    DM_78 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Uandi328 wrote: »
    Anyone regret the gain?

I know I don't. Lol

Nope. :)
  • madwells1
    madwells1 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Two weeks in Europe (France) and I actually lost weight. I thought I had eaten too much as the food was glorious and I definitely drank too much wine, but in the end, I guess I probably walked way more than usual. I also enjoyed my food a lot more (say 3 to 4 hour meals). It may also be that all the food I ate (although not my usual diet) was fresh and probably a lot less processed. Even if I would have gained, I wouldn't have regretted one single piece of french bread or slab of butter I put in my mouth!
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Uandi328 wrote: »
    Anyone regret the gain?

I know I don't. Lol

God no. 13 pounds of pure delicious. I had chocolate coated marshmallows rolled in reese pb cups...and chocolate coated marshmallow with sprinkles...and a DELICIOUS chocolate coated caramel pecan tart...And a chocolate chunk cookie sandwich with buttercream frosting....Sense the delicious delicious pattern.... NO REGRET FOR CHOCOLATE EVER :D

Also had a really delicious chicken burger i forgot about until now...was like actual chicken breast and i wish i knew what they coated it in it was light and crispy and super flavourful i literally ate the breading off and then ate as a burger LOL
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Been maintaining a 118 pound loss for 3 1/2 years. Vacation every year. (Cruises). Enjoyed myself, gained at least 5 pounds each time. Lost it in about a month. No regrets.
  • RaymondKnight
    RaymondKnight Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Going on a vacation and going to do my best to stay on track. Stick to power foods and no beer if we drink. (Spirits only). I'm going to have a few rules to abide by, but plan to still enjoy my vacation and stick to my plan.