Disgusted with myself

Hi all, I'm embarrassed to say but I'm back here and over 300 pounds again. In fact in a little over a year I have gained back the 75 pounds I lost for my wedding and am right back where I started at 320 pounds. In may my husband had gastric sleeve surgery and has lost 70 pounds. During this time I have managed to pack on 20 pounds. Tonight we got to talking about how out of control my weight has become and how terrible I look and feel as I recently have had to buy larger clothes and had one awful experience not fitting into a stadium seat. I asked my husband to be honest with me and with much resistance and a lot of hesitation he finally told me he agreed with me and that he's been noticing how much weight I've put on and that I can't continue to live this unhealthy lifestyle. Time to get back on track and lose the weight for good.

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Treat this as 'the rest of your life' instead of 'this segment of your life', and you'll be ok. You know what to do. You know how to do it. You need only learn that you can't stop doing it.
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Good on you for coming back and putting your health first. Can't stay in denial forever really, unfortunately - stadium seats are pretty unforgiving. You can do it, one day at a time.