Really Large Calves

Options

Replies

• laurabadams
    laurabadams Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    OP, your calves look great. We're our own worst critic sometimes. Wear your shorts & skirts with confidence.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    My hubby is relatively long bodied with short legs. HIS calves are huge and in fact body builders have come up and asked how he does it. Genetic.

I like your calves. They will help you take stairs two at a time.

I don't see a shot of your torso but I'm betting you are proportional all around.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    I think your legs look great. I'm in agreement with everyone else here...your perception is the only thing that's off.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    On what basis do you think they're huge? Have you measured them?
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I would kill for those legs. No loose skin dripping with a thick layer of fat. Just nice and healthy looking!!
  • fyeahmagicpower
    fyeahmagicpower Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hmm yeah, you're probably right. I just feel like everyone around has much slimmer and nicer looking calves. TT
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    LOL! You seriously think YOUR calves are huge? Sweetie, please. Your calves a skinny Minnie.

My calves are pretty big, but I'm coming to terms with them because a) it's largely genetic and most everyone on my dads side of the fam has big legs, and b) they give me the power I need to run the distances I do (...with the help of the rest of my short muscle-y legs of course).
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    My husband says to tell you skinny calves aren't good looking. Calves are supposed to have a certain amount of muscle in order to look good.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    They look great!
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    Even at a size 6 I have to buy wide calf boots. It's partly genetic. Don't worry about it
  • choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Those do not look huge to me! I have big calves. My Mother in Law actually told me my calves were huge when we were visiting a few weeks ago. :o I have to buy wide fit boots.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    They look normal to me.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Hmm yeah, you're probably right. I just feel like everyone around has much slimmer and nicer looking calves. TT

Stop comparing yourself to others.

You do you.

Your calves look great.
  • mistyhiss
    mistyhiss Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Eh? Your legs are great. I think legs in general just look larger when we look down on them and then you have a bias when looking at photos of them, it's just perspective. ;)
  • JackieMarie1989jgw
    JackieMarie1989jgw Posts: 230 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I think your calves look fine. It's mostly genetic. I have large calves (15+ inches even when I am only 125 lbs, which is considered "large" if you're looking for compression stockings, they have measurements on there for sizes). My mother, brother, uncle and grandfather are all the exact same way. Exercise doesn't change the diameter, only how firm they are. Where you store your fat has a lot to do with DNA.
    Honestly though compared to my family's I think yours look pretty normal haha
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    Your calves are not huge. Take it from the lady that has to buy wide calf boots :|
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    yup - i'll join y'all in the those calves aren't huge club! when you have a friend who texts you and says, you need to check the unclaimed race photos because I recognize your calves anywhere...then you can complain about them :)