Really Large Calves

Options

Replies

• nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    You have been blessed with shapely calves! They look lovely : )
  • Faye369
    Faye369 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    No, No, No, No, No! Your calves and your legs look great and in proportion... many would switch body parts with you in a heartbeat!! As others have stated, large calves are genetic and, unfortunately so are large ankles ... both of which I was blessed with :( Thankfully after losing some weight and getting healthier the cankles are gone and my calves decreased from 18" to 14.75" :)
  • Faye369
    Faye369 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    No not really large calves at all, and weight loss won't help make them smaller. Not that you'd want or need to lose any weight given your already low weight.

I agree that her calves aren't large and that she doesn't need to lose any weight. Like you I also thought weight loss wouldn't affect the calves but was proven wrong ... I've lost weight and my calves have decreased from 18" to 14.75" and no more cankles! :)
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    Lol at large calves. You have nice legs, far from large. If you were fishing for compliments, it's time to set the hook.
  • SundropEclipse
    SundropEclipse Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Tbh it seems like you might need to sit down with a therapist because there is no reason for you to think your calves are big. Stop comparing yourself to others. You're only harming yourself by doing so.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options

What am I doing wrong? Is my only way more weight loss?

You're not doing anything wrong. It's mostly genetic and barring surgery there's nothing you can do about it.

Blame your parents and learn to love what nature gave you.

• natboosh69
    natboosh69 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    They're not big at all :) you have lovely legs!!
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    Your calves are not huge. Take it from the lady that has to buy wide calf boots :|

Boots that go above the calf never ever fit over mine :lol:
  • MommaGem2017
    MommaGem2017 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    MichSmish wrote: »
    Your calves are not huge. Take it from the lady that has to buy wide calf boots :|

Me, too... Me, too...
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options

Me too! No matter how skinny I get, even back when I had a BMI of 20, I can almost never get normal boots to Fit
    Or if I do squeeze into regular width boots, I have a little muffin top at the knee :D

You're lucky to even squeeze into the regular width!! I love my calves though....they are very muscular and I do not plan on changing that. BUT I really do LOVE Boots!!! :D
  • OliveGirl128
    OliveGirl128 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    If you want to see what big calves look like I'd post a pic of mine, but it's winter here and i couldn't be bothered shaving my legs just to post a picture :worried:

I double dare you to post :D It's summer here and I still only shave my legs once a week, I just don't care lol.
  • jayemes
    jayemes Posts: 865 Member
    Options

My calves are 17" around. I've given up on knee high boots. It's just not worth the frustration
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    If you want to see what big calves look like I'd post a pic of mine, but it's winter here and i couldn't be bothered shaving my legs just to post a picture :worried:

I double dare you to post :D It's summer here and I still only shave my legs once a week, I just don't care lol.

Haha No way! It's been a month since my legs last saw a razor :flushed:
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    jayemes wrote: »

My calves are 17" around. I've given up on knee high boots. It's just not worth the frustration

18.5" here, but some of it is fat so here is hoping. Boots are not the only thing I have given up on. Straight legged jeans are a no go.
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't call those huge at all. When my edema was really bad, my calves' circumference was around 28". Luckily now they're down to 14".
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    I'm going to assume you are over 18 (according to the site rules). You should know that your BMI places you as "underweight", which is a category that carries significant health risks to people of all genetic backgrounds.

It worries me that you're concerned your fit legs, which show good and healthy musculature on them, are "too big" suggests to me you might have problems with body dysmorphia, or seeing yourself in an unrealistic manner. This coupled with your very low weight are major warning signs of an eating disorder.

Please consider the resources MyFitnessPal has on eating disorders and their treatment. Even if you don't have one, you may benefit greatly from the wisdom they offer in viewing yourself more positively and realistically.

Eating Disorder Resources

p.s.
    Comparison is the thief of joy.