When none of your clothes fit...

Options
13»

Replies

• RdHtMama
    RdHtMama Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just lived in fitness clothes for a while...haha...and then I started doing leggings with long flowy tops in the colder months, and flowy dresses in the warmer months.

I had to stay away from anything too fitted for a while because even a small change can make those items go from looking awesome to looking frumpy.

I'm still losing, but I've gone to giving myself a monthly budget to the second hand store. I've found some amazing items. I simply take and redonate the items I've shrank out of each month. I get 30% off my purchase fore making a donation. WIN-WIN :)
  • vmbourg
    vmbourg Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I have gone from 215lbs to 130lbs using my fitness pal a few years ago. Then after years of trying to get pregnant , I did. And unfortunately needed help holding the baby with a small procedure, and was on bed rest...and I gained 50lbs. But everytime I shrink a size I am excited to go "shopping" in my close bins. Currently in a US size 8, and only two sizes away from my smallest. Its been 18 months , weight loss is slow, but its happening ! Best feeling is clothes not fitting "BECAUSE THEY'RE TO BIGG!!!", Because lord knows I've been the other way around for a lonng time.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    i'll throw Zuilly out there - if you are in the US - they often have sales - I just bought 5 new dresses for work for less than $100, including shipping and taxes
  • RedSierra
    RedSierra Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    md1314 wrote: »
    Hi all,

What's your best advice for when your clothes get too big! It's not logical to buy a whole new wardrobe every time I drop a pant size.

Do any of you have any tips outside of just getting new clothes or getting old ones taken in?

I went to Walmart and bought a couple of cheap jeans. I also bought a few inexpensive pairs of black pants I can wear to work.
  • RedSierra
    RedSierra Posts: 253 Member
    Options

Several have said they wear dresses. Where do you find dresses??? I haven't found anything that will work at either retail or thrift shops.

I found some inexpensive sleeveless dresses at Walmart. They have attractive prints and are made of fabric that almost reminds me of swimsuit material -- it dries quickly. They're way too big for me now, but I love them and refuse to get rid of them. I wear them with a t-shirt underneath.
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Such helpful ideas everyone! Thanks!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!