When you just can't eat...

Options
The way you used to! First day of camping yesterday and I went 1000 calories over budget. I did it on purpose and logged every bite but I felt like complete *kitten*! I woke up off and on, through the night, feeling like I was going to vomit. It's amazing how my old free for all way of eating just doesn't fit anymore. Have you had a similar experience?

Replies

• laurabadams
    laurabadams Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I have a distinct binge-hangover when I go significantly over my daily calories.
  • ashbabe25
    ashbabe25 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I get fuller way faster than I did before. I also know that distinct signal my body gives me when I shouldn't eat anymore or I'll regret it.
  • rmgnow
    rmgnow Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    The way you used to! First day of camping yesterday and I went 1000 calories over budget. I did it on purpose and logged every bite but I felt like complete *kitten*! I woke up off and on, through the night, feeling like I was going to vomit. It's amazing how my old free for all way of eating just doesn't fit anymore. Have you had a similar experience?

Exactly.
    Eating crazy portions, my body is like wtf are you doong
  • Bradley_J84
    Bradley_J84 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I've done it twice and did end up vomiting
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    Ha, I binged last night and wound up running my 5K today way faster than I was expecting.

Felt crappy until bedtime though.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,683 Member
    Options
    I find it harder to eat restaurant meals than I used to. At least half the time, after dinner out with my husband, I end up with really bad indigestion or heartburn after a high fat, high calorie meal. Even meals that seem to be healthy (i.e. salmon and sweet potato) when prepared with all the extra butter etc. end up upsetting my stomach later. It isn't that long ago that a half pound hamburger or full rack of ribs was eagerly enjoyed. Now I can barely finish most restaurant burgers or a half rack of ribs.
  • katnadreau
    katnadreau Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't think I can eat out anymore unless it's a salad. Every single time I end up feeling like garbage. Or maybe I just need to cut myself off at half the plate. I'm no health freak when it comes to my food at home... but when I prepare pasta I must do something way different than a restaurant.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I have realized this as well. I have cut out 'rich' foods, especially eating out. I got a Po-boy at a cajun place two weeks ago and felt super sick for hours afterwards. Probably should've gotten something else, like a soup.
  • JustRobby1
    JustRobby1 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    As a single guy that lives alone and hates cooking, I eat out all the time. I literally have a list I made on Google Docs of entrees from various restaurants which are my go to's. The only aspect of eating out a lot which I don't like is the fact that I tend to stick with mostly the corporate chains since they are much more likely to have accurate nutritional information accessible online.

With the independents, all you can really do is add up the ingredients and make a vague guesstimate. I used to be "that guy" when it came to supporting locally owned/operated restaurants, but these days they get much less of my business just because it makes logging tedious.
  • kokonani
    kokonani Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I can't seem to enjoy fatty, greasy restaurant food like I used to. I just eat a small amount and package the rest to go, but end up throwing it away anyways.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I had 3000 calories yesterday and still a deficit. Dayum.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I wish that was the case for me. I'm still capable of eating thousands of calories, eating way beyond fullness, and not feeling any negative effects. I have a stomach made of steel.
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I'm eating smaller portions now than I used to. I also found that I can't make myself order the fettacini alfredo anymore (my former favorite restaurant meal) because it's so heavy on my stomach I don't enjoy it.
  • Fitnessgirl0913
    Fitnessgirl0913 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    When I have had a really bad day of eating the next day it feels like someone sucker punched me in the kidney's. Don't worry I have had it checked out by a doctor and I am fine. I think it is my body filtering out all the garbage I ate the previous day (yes my BODY not a cleanse hehehe).
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,003 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    Nope. I can eat 4000 cals easy and feel great.

Me too. I also eat out all the time and have no problems. Maybe it is because I still eat the same things I used to just smaller portions so I'm not eating foods that I don't eat any more. I do notice that I get full on smaller amounts than I did 70+ pounds ago.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    katnadreau wrote: »
    I honestly don't think I can eat out anymore unless it's a salad. Every single time I end up feeling like garbage. Or maybe I just need to cut myself off at half the plate. I'm no health freak when it comes to my food at home... but when I prepare pasta I must do something way different than a restaurant.

I love eating out, but I rarely want to eat more than a half the plate, so I just try and get something that will make good leftovers and enjoy myself.

Now if only losing weight would cut down on my alcohol tolerance, because that's where my real danger zone lies.
  • jouttie
    jouttie Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    "Now if only losing weight would cut down on my alcohol tolerance, because that's where my real danger zone lies."

Ha! This. My overindulgences are in beer. All my days of "If every day were like this, in five weeks you'd explode" are my days of, I deserve this beer... and before I know it I'm logging ten beers.

Somehow I cannot seem to learn moderation when it comes to beer even though I seem to have learned it with food.

Ho hum... talk about getting older and wiser. Not.
  • Javagal2778
    Javagal2778 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    katnadreau wrote: »

I love eating out, but I rarely want to eat more than a half the plate, so I just try and get something that will make good leftovers and enjoy myself.

Now if only losing weight would cut down on my alcohol tolerance, because that's where my real danger zone lies.

Yeah...that was my downfall. Wine lead to munchies, then more munchies, then more munchies... ;)

I do still allow all of my favourite foods but not in the amounts of the other night. I won't do that again. Not worth it!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options
    Nope...I can still put it away, and often I need to...