Low Carb / Keto

Options
Started low carbing it today, going to push for Keto once my body adjusts. Any tips or veterens out there? Looking for people going through the same thing, maybe we can swap tips or advice on how to commit.

Replies

• Presleykay22
    Presleykay22 Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    I am still try to figure out the keto deit
  • tiffinijo
    tiffinijo Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I was locarbing it and fot off track for a few weeks. Now im back today!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I am still try to figure out the keto deit

nothing really to figure out you eat low carb(less than 50g net- some do 20),high fat and moderate protein. and eat in a deficit to lose weight as even overeating in keto will result in weight gain. you will lose a lot of water weight at first too because your body will be depleted of glycogen/water. up your sodium to 3500-5000mg a day and get enough magnesium, and potassium to prevent keto flu(not everyone gets this).oh and I cant do keto due to health issues,
  • cdking35
    cdking35 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am in my second week of doing Keto but some days are harder than others for me trying to keep the carbs low. Any suggestions on other low carb veggies besides lettuce?
  • tjucan
    tjucan Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    cdking35 wrote: »
    I am in my second week of doing Keto but some days are harder than others for me trying to keep the carbs low. Any suggestions on other low carb veggies besides lettuce?
    There's a lot of them! Spinach, avocado, olives, asparagus, cucumber, tomato, eggplant, zucchini, cabbage, cauliflower, kale, broccoli (and broccoli rabe), kale, green beans, brussels sprouts, peppers, bok choy, celery, arugula, swiss chard, raddish, kohlrabi, fennel, okra, turnips...
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Keep up your sodium. You'll need about 3000-5000 mg of sodium per day. There's 2300 mg of sodium in a teaspoon of table salt. If you don't get enough sodium you'll lose electrolytes with the water weight that is lost due to lower insulin. If you end up with fatigue, headaches, BM issues, brain fog or muscle aches then your sodium is low.

Join the Low Carber Daily MFP group for more advice and support. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • gurdipbinnig9668
    gurdipbinnig9668 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Been on a keto diet for 7 weeks now and lost 23lbs so far. For someone who loves bread, pasta and potatoes, I've found giving them up so much easier than I expected....the website "Dietdoctor.com" is amazing for low carb/keto information and recipes.
  • Ginger_The_Destroyer
    Options
    I'm starting on a keto esque lifestyle as well...low carb and keeping a deficit. I'm still learning, and this is day one. Feel free to add me.
  • Jmcross418
    Jmcross418 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey @Ginger_The_Destroyer ! Same here hun! I added you ! We will figure this out together.
  • Joey_Hills
    Joey_Hills Posts: 4 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I'm on a beginner road to losing weight on the ketogenic diet. Good luck everyone.

85kg to 75 kg in 7 weeks.
  • stickersticker
    stickersticker Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm on a keto diet. Add me. I'm on week 6
  • norgemtgal
    norgemtgal Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm finishing up my 2nd week on Keto and love it! I have more energy and I just feel better. I'm still learning, but please feel free to add me. I'd appreciate some Keto friends to commiserate with :-)

Devonna
  • KetoPaul79
    KetoPaul79 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    31 lb's down on Keto. I tried it 3 times failed twice and now seeing results. Calorie in take is just as important as low carbs, combined they make Keto more effective. Learnt that the hard way
  • tmwt22
    tmwt22 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    cdking35 wrote: »

I've been eating cucumbers and broccoli
  • tmwt22
    tmwt22 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Been on a keto diet for 7 weeks now and lost 23lbs so far. For someone who loves bread, pasta and potatoes, I've found giving them up so much easier than I expected....the website "Dietdoctor.com" is amazing for low carb/keto information and recipes.

Thanks for that info and congrats!!! I've lost about 7 lbs of water weight in just a few days.. yesterday I felt terrible but today I am feeling much better!
  • ItzAmandaYO
    ItzAmandaYO Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Just started keto today. Tryna keep my carbs under 15g per day!! Good luck!! Add me for support
  • Goddess0921
    Goddess0921 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I've been on LC/keto since February and am down 35 pounds. Even better than the weight loss, I feel a million times better than before. This woe helps with some medical issues as well as weight loss. It's been amazing for me!

Feel free to add me if you want support or just some keto-family!