Anyone else doing KETO or IF?? Lets chat about it

Options
Just started my ketogenic diet!! Anyone else??

Replies

• Nile_Jack
    Nile_Jack Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have been on a keto diet for the past 3 weeks. I have dropped about 16lbs so far. I do weight training in the morning (8am) in a fasted state followed by 25 minutes of cardio (last meal of the day is usually around 8pm) so that means I am doing IF as well. Strength hasn't declinedas far as amount of weights I can lift so will keep this going until I start loosing strength or reach my target of much lower body fat after which, I will see what I will do. FYI, I had tried carb cycling and decreased calories to try to lower my body fat % and my weight refused to budge.
  • ItzAmandaYO
    ItzAmandaYO Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Nile_Jack wrote: »
    I have been on a keto diet for the past 3 weeks. I have dropped about 16lbs so far. I do weight training in the morning (8am) in a fasted state followed by 25 minutes of cardio (last meal of the day is usually around 8pm) so that means I am doing IF as well. Strength hasn't declinedas far as amount of weights I can lift so will keep this going until I start loosing strength or reach my target of much lower body fat after which, I will see what I will do. FYI, I had tried carb cycling and decreased calories to try to lower my body fat % and my weight refused to budge.

That is wicked!! My eating window is much much smaller. I do the 20:4 split also know as the warrior diet. I have one large keto meal around noon and maybe a small snack to round off my macros before my window closes at 4pm. Usually i do my strength training at night but i have to admit i need more cardio desperately!! I have been intermittent fasting for about a month off and on... (i took a week or so off cuz of my birthday!!) And lost 25lbs all together. These are great tools for reducing body fat quickly!! Keep it up and keep me posted
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome. I suggest you check out the following main low carber daily forum group here in MFP. It's where most of us Ketophiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • Ultimate_girl
    Ultimate_girl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just started eating keto (today, literally!), as I found I wasn't losing weight eating 1,200-1,300 calories on a diet with even healthy carbs like beans, chickpeas and quinoa. I thought I'd give keto a try as I know a few people for whom it has worked. I've also requested to join the low carber group, so looking forward to tips on there!

Fingers crossed this makes some of my fat budge...
  • ItzAmandaYO
    ItzAmandaYO Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just started eating keto (today, literally!), as I found I wasn't losing weight eating 1,200-1,300 calories on a diet with even healthy carbs like beans, chickpeas and quinoa. I thought I'd give keto a try as I know a few people for whom it has worked. I've also requested to join the low carber group, so looking forward to tips on there!

Fingers crossed this makes some of my fat budge...

This is awesome. I have some really good youtube channels to follow if u need any information. Good luck on your journey!! Im looking forward to hear about how it works for u!!
  • wandadars
    wandadars Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    355lbs. Started a keto diet about 13 days ago. Down 15 pounds, with a steady 3-5lbs/week going. I eat 2300 calories a day. The high fat content actually results in me feeling full. I never really thought I could feel full when I used to eat tons of carbs.

Cool video related to the science of Ketosis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keSoSyu9m7c
  • rafikabaiz
    rafikabaiz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Started intermittent fasting for health purposes a month ago, and came accross keto while researching IF. I do the 18:6 version of IF and one 24 to 36 hour fast a week. I have lost 6 kilos so far. And since I started eating LCHF meals, I eat smaller meals and stay full longer. So much that on some days I struggle to eat all my daily calories. Exercise wise I only do 20-30 minutes of power yoga daily and try to reach my steps goal on my fitbit. I have also noticed my body changing, I have done diets and lost weight before, but this is the first time my arms and my waist get this small this fast. Maybe it's because I'm losing mostly fat.
  • moogie_fit
    moogie_fit Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I used to IF. Honestly I found it easy at the time, but now am just into eating during the day. Great for letting myself 'binge' within my allotted calores, but gave me some nutritional deficiencies