Plus size girl need to losse 100+

Options
chikiya17
chikiya17 Posts: 11 Member
edited August 2017 in Getting Started
Hi my name is Adriana am a plus size girl looking to make new friends that will cheer eachother out on this long road to lossing weight. I currently weigh 267 lbs and would love to losse 100+ pounds. With this app Ive realized how bad I eat and little by little am making wiser decisions and changes. Am also going to the gym 3 or 4 times a wk. If your like me that need someone to cheer you on to keep you motivated please feel free to add me.

Replies

• bellaesprita000
    bellaesprita000 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    hello! just take it one day at a time, one pound at a time. that's how i did my first 30lbs and how I'll continue for another 30lbs.
  • dolphin7535
    dolphin7535 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your commitment!!
  • cwilber1
    cwilber1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Looking to lose even more, but really having trouble staying motivated. Lost 40 lbs already, but its getting harder.
  • KittyInBoots17
    KittyInBoots17 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hope you don't mind if I send you a request. Your post calls to me because that is the exact weight I started with! It was so tough at the beginning and thinking there is no way I can even lose a little. I am around 200ish now but gained a few pounds recently. My motivation has decreased a little lately and I wouldn't mind some new friends! Hoping to get back on track here and good friends seem to really help/
  • chikiya17
    Options
    @ KittyInBoots17 thanks for the add. It's so hard to get the ball rolling, especially in my case that I don't have the support from my family and I understand its not their weight loss journey and its my own falt to let my self get this big. So I have decited to look for support in other places for exsample here and I also attend weight loss classes. I started weighin 315 and little by little have been lossing. Well am glad i decited to put up this post and hope to make new good friends.
  • chikiya17
    Options
    Congratulations on your commitment!!

Thank you hope to stay on the good path.
  • chikiya17
    Options
    cwilber1 wrote: »
    Looking to lose even more, but really having trouble staying motivated. Lost 40 lbs already, but its getting harder.

Hi congrats on your 40 pound lost, one way i keep motivated is by reading other peoples success stories. Or by writeing a post and making public.
  • SpanishFusion
    SpanishFusion Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'm in same boat. I need to drop 60 and I just started ... again ... 3 weeks ago. 5.5# down. This is going to take for ever. Good luck to you!
  • chikiya17
    Options
    hello! just take it one day at a time, one pound at a time. that's how i did my first 30lbs and how I'll continue for another 30lbs.

Yes, I tend to tell my self baby steps. Congrats on your 30 lbs lost.
  • chikiya17
    Options
    Leeg5656 wrote: »
    I'm in same boat. I need to drop 60 and I just started ... again ... 3 weeks ago. 5.5# down. This is going to take for ever. Good luck to you!

Thank you, we got this in no time we will reach our goals.
  • Adelemlvc
    Adelemlvc Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I just stared my journey too and was shocked to see on the app how much sugar I was consuming without knowing !! No wonder I could never lose weight :( Good luck to you, I hope you reach your goal :D
  • Valsgoals
    Valsgoals Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hi Adriana! I was also in the same boat as you. Started high, higher than my scale would weigh but gradually came down and lost over 125 pounds. I did put some back on from crazy stresses and injuries and now I'm looking to re-lose about 65, give or take. You've got a great mindset going, it does take the baby steps. I'll be more than happy to cheer you on and be there for you. Sending you a friend request...
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Everybody's journey is different yet we have the same ultimate goal. Honestly, losing the weight was easy. The challenge for me is now finding a healthy balance between eating things that I want and still staying within a weight range that I feel comfortable in. I had so much weight to lose that I did not think about the amount. I just put my head down and dug my heels in. Failure was not an option. It was not all down hill, but I refused and refuse to give up on myself.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    It's a long road, but you can do this. I started MFP last October 30th, 44 years old, 254 lbs at 5'3". 10 months later, I'm 45 and 175.2 (still 5'3", though!).

Mostly:

1. A treat is not necessarily a cheat. It's not a diet staple either. By which I mean that I decided I was going to enjoy foods I liked in smaller portions. I've cut back on certain foods. And there are things I choose not to eat anymore, because they're high calorie enough that a small portion won't be enough and a large portion isn't worth the juggling I'd need to do to fit it into my day. But it's not that I can't have them. It's that I choose not to. And one day, if I really feel like having a 600-calorie cherry turnover and I decide that it's worth doing the extra exercise/eating lighter lunch and supper to fit it in, then that's what I'll do.
    2. I eat now the way I mean to eat when I lose the weight. I haven't cut out bread or candy or eating out.
    3. This is a marathon, not a sprint. If I get frustrated with the rate of loss, distance to goal, I used to try going to the grocery store and lifting a 10lb bag of potatoes, etc and reminding myself I used to carry that with me 24x7. I can't do that anymore. I can't lift 79 lbs... And THAT feels great!
    4. I exercise 2 to 3 hours daily. (I work from home. I've got time.) Very little of that is strenuous. I try to either walk for 2 hours or do an hour on my fitness glider every day. I strength-train 3 days/week. My walks sometimes run longer than 2 hours or I take two or three shorter ones during the day.

Diary is open. Feel free to add if you like.
  • raaachelmarie
    raaachelmarie Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm also plus sized and always looking for new friends! Feel free to add me.
  • oneunfitdad
    oneunfitdad Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    well done love when people make positive changes to their lives add me if you want i am in yr corner
  • mangopango13
    mangopango13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting my journey to lose 100+ pounds as well! Feel free to add me and hopefully we can inspire each other!
  • cejones1980
    cejones1980 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I started out at 298, 301 at my highest before starting to lose weight. I am now down to 269. Looking to lose around 130-140 lbs. I am going to send you a friend request if you don't mind.