Can u check my diary?

Options
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/karyabc

Hi there, I believe my diary its open, if anyone has the time to check it out and give any advice or opinions I'll appreciate it.

I'm 5'6, female 283.8 lbs, bmi 45.8 I believe, I have everything set to lose 2lbs per week on 1400 cals according to mfp sugestions.

I started logging on August 3rd, I don't do cheat meal, have a scale and put everything first there, anything that u may see tbsp, cups or whatever, I dont have measure cups and only use grams for solids and oz for liquids.

Since I start logging 19 days I lost 2.2lbs and last 7 days 200g.

I know any progress it's progress but guys look at my diary, am I doing something wrong :( ? I'm not even close to 1400 most days.

Thank you.

**and yes the few days you see lower than 1000 that was exactly what I ate, was in my time of the month and dont eat much around those days.

Replies

• DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    Looks fine to me. Give it more time and you'll see the trends start to develop. Technically you're only 3 pounds or so off - that's normal variation.
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    If you're actually weighing everything, and you're actually logging everything, and you don't have a medical condition, then you just need to give it time. Have you started a new exercise program too, because that can lead to retaining water weight. Either way, you are just getting started. I weigh about 100 lbs less than you right now and am down 23 lbs this year averaging 1900-2300/day (with moderate exercise), so you certainly should be able to lose weight if you really truly are keeping to 1400. My diary is open if you want to check out the glory that was this past weekend (warning - I ate mostly garbage, but I kept it below maintenance!).

Yes I 100% ate exactly what it's log, no medical condition, last week went twice to the doctor and did test and he call me saying everything was great.

No exercise, I know commonly when you start any program that may happen, and since I've notice things are not working out too well and haven't figure out yet the calorie part, that's on hold for now.

I'm scare to eat the 1400 cal, will I lose anything at all, I started logging 21 days ago on mfp but really this week 9 for me.

Tx u anyway.
  • MommaGem2017
    MommaGem2017 Posts: 405 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    In terms of your diary, though, I would note that it does not look like you are actually weighing your snacks - those could be one place where calories are adding up. Prepackaged stuff is often much larger than the estimated portion, and nutrition labels can be off up to 20% in the US, but you can at least compare the weight to the grams listed.

It might actually save some calories too. I have been weighing all of my prepackaged foods lately and, besides meat and bread, most ALL of my prepacked foods weigh less :o My darn yogurt cups keep coming up 135g instead of 150g. I guess it doesn't help a company's profit margin to constantly be packing more food into a package. However, back to point, it's important to weight everything if you are concerned about problems with your logging.

• karyabc
    Options
    In terms of your diary, though, I would note that it does not look like you are actually weighing your snacks - those could be one place where calories are adding up. Prepackaged stuff is often much larger than the estimated portion, and nutrition labels can be off up to 20% in the US, but you can at least compare the weight to the grams listed. Also, to be super blunt (since you asked for advice), if you weight 283 lbs I assume that you weren't eating anything remotely like this a month ago - you're really setting yourself up for failure if you try to make a bunch of drastic changes all at once, and there are many ways you might be sabotaging yourself that someone on the internet would never be able to guess. I mean, maybe you really love eating brown rice and chicken breasts and broccoli, but unless you were eating truly massive portions of those before, I'm guessing you're trying to follow a very restrictive diet that isn't likely to be sustainable.

I'm hispanic, I ate rice every single day of my life.
    I'm just trying the whole everything with moderation, I'm trying to eat more vegetables so I eat half the week or so rice and the other half vegetables with protein.

I work 12h day driving, dont have access to fridge, microwave or anything that's why the snacks I eat. For now on, I'll weight them too. Thank you
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    karyabc wrote: »
    In terms of your diary, though, I would note that it does not look like you are actually weighing your snacks - those could be one place where calories are adding up. Prepackaged stuff is often much larger than the estimated portion, and nutrition labels can be off up to 20% in the US, but you can at least compare the weight to the grams listed. Also, to be super blunt (since you asked for advice), if you weight 283 lbs I assume that you weren't eating anything remotely like this a month ago - you're really setting yourself up for failure if you try to make a bunch of drastic changes all at once, and there are many ways you might be sabotaging yourself that someone on the internet would never be able to guess. I mean, maybe you really love eating brown rice and chicken breasts and broccoli, but unless you were eating truly massive portions of those before, I'm guessing you're trying to follow a very restrictive diet that isn't likely to be sustainable.

I'm hispanic, I ate rice every single day of my life.
    I'm just trying the whole everything with moderation, I'm trying to eat more vegetables so I eat half the week or so rice and the other half vegetables with protein.

I work 12h day driving, dont have access to fridge, microwave or anything that's why the snacks I eat. For now on, I'll weight them too. Thank you

Nothing wrong with your snacks! I usually weigh and log my lunch in the morning, so maybe that'd help you since you're on the road. From what you're saying, I'm starting to think that maybe you're having a slow start (maybe retaining water for some reason?) and you just need to stick to it. Good luck!
  • karyabc
    Options
    DX2JX2 wrote: »
    Looks fine to me. Give it more time and you'll see the trends start to develop. Technically you're only 3 pounds or so off - that's normal variation.

Ok, I'll weight the snacks too, and be back in 4 weeks to report any updates.

Txs.
  • karyabc
    Options
    In terms of your diary, though, I would note that it does not look like you are actually weighing your snacks - those could be one place where calories are adding up. Prepackaged stuff is often much larger than the estimated portion, and nutrition labels can be off up to 20% in the US, but you can at least compare the weight to the grams listed.

It might actually save some calories too. I have been weighing all of my prepackaged foods lately and, besides meat and bread, most ALL of my prepacked foods weigh less :o My darn yogurt cups keep coming up 135g instead of 150g. I guess it doesn't help a company's profit margin to constantly be packing more food into a package. However, back to point, it's important to weight everything if you are concerned about problems with your logging.

Ok. Got it, I'm not that concern about the logging part honestly just the rate of weightloss, I guess I thought I was doing ok but apparently not really.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

I have never, ever had a yogurt cup weigh what it's supposed to! They are always less than it says on the package, never spot on or more. Bread and most everything else is always more than it says on the package.
  • karyabc
    Options

I have never, ever had a yogurt cup weigh what it's supposed to! They are always less than it says on the package, never spot on or more. Bread and most everything else is always more than it says on the package.

Do all successful mfp people really weigh their bread, yogurt, protein bar, etc? I thought for what I read here people get more strict when they have the last 10-20 pound to lose or something, but I have 130lbs still to go. For that extra 20% when labels are off I precisely Dont eat the full 1400 cals most days.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    Oh here's another one i just checked... Chicken kiev, data base says 190g for the brand i use, I just weighed it and its 279g, that's a difference of 142 calories, that's over half my deficit in one little logging error!
  • MommaGem2017
    MommaGem2017 Posts: 405 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Wow, that's a huge difference!

But my mini Dove ice cream bars and Fiber One bars are always under weight. Extra mini. Makes me sad :'(

My frozen lunches are always under weight as well. But in the foods I eat, chicken sausages, bread, and cheese slices - always over.
  • karyabc
    Options

Do all successful mfp people really weigh their bread, yogurt, protein bar, etc? I thought for what I read here people get more strict when they have the last 10-20 pound to lose or something, but I have 130lbs still to go. For that extra 20% when labels are off I precisely Dont eat the full 1400 cals most days.

I've only got 4lbs left to lose, so yeah i have to be precise. My bread says 85g for 2 slices, but it's usually around 102g which is a difference of 46 calories. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but if this happens with various foods over the course of the day, day after day it will add up. My deficit is only 250 calories, so i need to be as accurate as possible

Of course I understand with only 4lbs and 250 cals. I have 130lb to go and 1000 cal deficit/daily.
    Congrats and good luck!
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    @karyabc One observation is that you haven't logged any water. Do you drink much? Also it may be a good idea to include some moderate exercise in your program, even if its only 15 to 30 minutes of walking. Finally, please note that eating below the recommended amount of calories is not always a good idea, as the body needs a certain amount of food to fuel normal living.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    The one day I saw looked like you have a healthy relationship with protein, carbs, and fat. At 283 lb you are not eating as many calories as you should. I know you don't want to be told that, but it's true. Your body is not being properly nourished and will, in time, rebel to the point of causing you to have a binge which will leave you dismayed at your inability to control yourself. The binge isn't the end of the world, but the dismay can be the end of your efforts to lose weight. I advocate to you that you eat every calorie allowed by your mfp weight loss goal.
  • Christine_72
    Options

I've only got 4lbs left to lose, so yeah i have to be precise. My bread says 85g for 2 slices, but it's usually around 102g which is a difference of 46 calories. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but if this happens with various foods over the course of the day, day after day it will add up. My deficit is only 250 calories, so i need to be as accurate as possible

Of course I understand with only 4lbs and 250 cals. I have 130lb to go and 1000 cal deficit/daily.
    Congrats and good luck!

Yes, you have quite a bit of leeway at the moment. But if the time ever comes that you've stalled or are losing less than expected, then tightening up on logging would be the first place to start.

• karyabc
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    @karyabc One observation is that you haven't logged any water. Do you drink much? Also it may be a good idea to include some moderate exercise in your program, even if its only 15 to 30 minutes of walking. Finally, please note that eating below the recommended amount of calories is not always a good idea, as the body needs a certain amount of food to fuel normal living.

I think I'm good in the water department. Exercise coming soon, just bought my pair of snikers on friday. Aknowledge the eating below calories, tx u.