Highly demotivating

Options
dear all

i feel like discussing an issue with you guys. my goal is 1200 calories to lose 2.5 pounds a week. when i started curtailing my calories i lost 1 kg in the first week, while in the second week my weight increased by 1 kg. i consume almost 1200-1400 calories but burn 650-700 by walking, which means that my net daily calories range from 500-700 instead of 1200. i wonder if my body has entered the starvation mode or wot. its highly demotivating and i am really worried about it.

Regards

Replies

• amber_hanners
    amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    your net calories should be atleast 1200 try that for a couple weeks and see how it goes
  • twintea
    twintea Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am new to MFP but what I have been trying to do so that I meet my required calorie intake daily is to count all my food as I go and first so I know where I am at and then only log/add the excercise done at the very end of my day....that way I eat enough but not always eating my excercise calories.....some days I will feel like eating them and I will use them but I try not to every day .....now today is not one of those days !!! But majority .....right ! :-)
  • apriljmcmillan
    apriljmcmillan Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    yeah you are probably in starvation mode!! you have to have a workout plan and eating habits that can be sustained long-term or else you will wear yourself out, and wind up going backwards.

Be patient with yourself; all the weight is not coming off in a month, so pace yourself and remember that when the weight comes off at a healthy pace, it is much more likely NOT to return, which is what you really want right?

Don't beat yourself up, just focus on doing those things that will produce the lasting results that you will be satisfied with in the long run--lose weight, build strength, increase energy and BE HEALTHY.

all the best to you!!
  • salmanajmal
    salmanajmal Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    thank you all