Lemon watet

Options
Opinions on lemon in water for weight loss ?

Replies

• MommaGem2017
    MommaGem2017 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Many people drink more water because they like the flavor, but it won't help you burn fat faster.
  • BigNate17
    BigNate17 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    It's delicious, keeps you hydrated and does absolutely nothing for weight loss.

Case closed.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options

QFT
    End thread.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

Exactly this.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    All these lemon water and ACV threads have soured my outlook on weight loss. :angry:

Hah. Thank goodness I have the calories set aside for a beer tonight.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    xxzenabxx wrote: »
    Gibby349 wrote: »

Don't drink it for weightloss...but use it as a tool. It helps to get rid of bloating and excess water weight as well as suppressing the appetite. So it could help you lose weight especially in the beginning when you feel hungry or bloated. The same goes for ACV and green tea. Green tea has had studies done which show that if it is taken before a workout it burns more fat. I'm not saying that these things are magical...you still need to be in a calorie deficit! Just experiment and use these along side your diet and you will see results.

and those studies on green tea are wrong and not really studies
    you dont burn more fat. you burn fat in a deficit and mostly at rest. green tea for it to boost your metabolism enough to burn fat you would need to drink a crap ton of it
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Just think how many 'woos' this guy would get if he posted his food diary in here.'

http://www.thepoke.co.uk/2017/08/21/guys-day-plate-gone-viral-irritating/
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Just think how many 'woos' this guy would get if he posted his food diary in here.'

would hate to see his bathroom after eating all that stuff lol
  • MommaGem2017
    MommaGem2017 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Gibby349 wrote: »

Don't drink it for weightloss...but use it as a tool. It helps to get rid of bloating and excess water weight as well as suppressing the appetite. So it could help you lose weight especially in the beginning when you feel hungry or bloated. The same goes for ACV and green tea. Green tea has had studies done which show that if it is taken before a workout it burns more fat. I'm not saying that these things are magical...you still need to be in a calorie deficit! Just experiment and use these along side your diet and you will see results.

and those studies on green tea are wrong and not really studies
    you dont burn more fat. you burn fat in a deficit and mostly at rest. green tea for it to boost your metabolism enough to burn fat you would need to drink a crap ton of it

Here you go:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3908530/

How is this study wrong? I said you can use it as an aid in weightloss. Clearly you can't read. I've seen people lose weight drinking green tea along with a healthy diet. So have I in the past. You can't deny real life results.
    Using that line of reasoning, I can positively say that Snickers bars, beer and pizza can be used as an aid in weight loss. Because I've lost 70 pounds while eating and drinking all those (and a lot more). As you said, you can't deny real life results.

Well heck, that's my menu for tomorrow then! And watch the weight melt away! :D
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

Oh Gawd Pete Evans. He's an embarrassment to Australians everywhere!!! :rage: