Bread

Options
Help!!!
I'm trying my hardest but I just can't kick the bread!!
Any advice??

Replies

• GottaluvFood
    GottaluvFood Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Ya gotta decide what the problem is, first. The mere act of eating bread is not a problem.

My experience, too much bread leads to binging. too much bread leads to constipation. too much bread means I'm not eating enough veggies.

I substituted one meal for a veggie based meal--lettuce, bean, or brocoli salad. I choose lunch. I still eat grain-based breakfast (hot/cold cereal). I still eat good bread for dinner. I limit my wheat-based dinners to once or twice a month (hamburger, pasta, pizza). I only rarely eat a sandwich anymore.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I stick to sprouted bread other than the occasional weekend meal out. I never buy regular bread in and have not done so for sometime. I find it tends to bloat me up and although I love eggs on toast as much as the next person, it is becoming less and less worth it to me.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Hello @emmamay994, It's been minutes since you posted this discussion so I'll answer supposing that you'll come back and read these responses. While indeed at this time I do have some bread in my daily meals, I don't have bread in all of them and I am interested in limiting the number and type of bread I consume.

It all comes down to planning. If you plan your meals and control your meals, you can successfully keep bread out of your mouth. At the drive-through burger joint, ask for the buns to be replaced with leaves of lettuce. At the restaurant, ask for the salad to be delivered without croutons.
  • boredloser
    boredloser Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I love bread and used to be addicted, particularly to several late night sandwiches.

Now I have 2 slices along with egg for breakfast/lunch and am more satisfied than when I used to have 6 slices with those sandwiches.

Everything in moderation, as long as it fits your calories for the day, whats the harm? ;)
  • ISweat4This
    ISweat4This Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I love bread but had to back away from it. I only eat homemade bread a few times a year.
  • OliveGirl128
    OliveGirl128 Posts: 801 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I eat two slices of sprouted whole grains bread every day. Only 60 calories per slice.