Just Getting Ready For College :)

Options
So, I am new on here and I am super excited about this challenge! I really want to look nice and slim before starting college next year :)

Replies

• jillwaller
    jillwaller Posts: 82
    Options
    That's why I'm here too!:)
  • apricot_annie
    apricot_annie Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site! :)
  • hazycosmicjive
    hazycosmicjive Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    hey welcome! i'd love to be diet buddies with you guys! =)
  • kerrickmarie
    Options
    I am totally for that! The more support, the better!
  • veggiemuncher12
    veggiemuncher12 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I want to lose for my grad school graduation pics... :bigsmile:
  • Rompa_87
    Rompa_87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Well we are all here for support and to help answer any questions you might have :)
  • BradWoj
    BradWoj Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Navigating the dining hall when you're trying to lose weight is rough. I gained a few pounds freshman year, both from the food and the beer. I recommend taking advantage of everything your college has to offer - nutritionist, gym, healthy food options, whatever. If you're so inclined, joining an intramural sports team is a good way to stay in shape and meet people.

Good luck!
  • kerrickmarie
    Options
    Thanks guys! The college that I am going to actually has a huge salad bar (yay!), a running group, and an awesome gym that has a three story high rock climbing wall, so hopefully I will have plenty to do :).

I just have a problem with seeing what other people are eating (mostly my friends) and say "hey, if they are eating it, then I should be able to too..." So i don't know how to stop that thought process.
  • BradWoj
    BradWoj Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere that living with overweight people tends to make you overweight. It was certainly true for my college roommate, who gained 30+ lbs. living with me. Saw him a few weeks ago (haven't seen him in a year), he's skinny as a rail again.

So yeah, don't copy what you're friends are doing :)
  • kerrickmarie
    Options
    See, my problem is that my friends are all tiny with high metabolisms... haha