55 pounds gone in 15 weeks! Gotta keep this momentum going no matter how discouraged I get

Options
I've been sticking to my guns for the past 15 weeks and thankfully I've lost 55 pounds so far. I have such a weakness for sweets and all things carb. But I've been trying my hardest to fight the urge to give in. Still have horrible bouts feeling discouraged. Then I try to remind myself how far I've come and how I need to improve my overall health for my kids. I'm slowly converting into a health and fitness freak. I started off at 300 lbs

Replies

• kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You are doing fabulous. Keep at it-don't give up. Don't get discouraged. I remind myself frequently that I didn't gain it all in one day - it just seems to take so much longer to lose it. I too have a huge sweet tooth and love all things carbs. I've found that if I give in and have a sweet/high carb day, I feel terrible afterwards. I learned to use fruits as my sweet treat. Peaches are in right now and are divine!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Wonderful :star::star::star:
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Wow thats like a lot of pounds in 15 weeks. Can u share more plz? Im almost 300lbs and I struggle, my diary it's open.

Congratulations btw, that's amazing!
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I lost 60lbs in my first 3 months. I started at 363, I'm currently down 93lbs and it will be a year in November. OP was 300lbs to start and is doing LC, she is loosing at an expected rate!
    OP, it does slow down, I get discouraged sometimes, but always remember how far you have come! We can do this, long haul!!! Stay strong you're doing amazing!
  • karyabc
    Options
    shans34 wrote: »
    I lost 60lbs in my first 3 months. I started at 363, I'm currently down 93lbs and it will be a year in November. OP was 300lbs to start and is doing LC, she is loosing at an expected rate!
    OP, it does slow down, I get discouraged sometimes, but always remember how far you have come! We can do this, long haul!!! Stay strong you're doing amazing!

LC , low carb?
  • karyabc
    Options
    Wow omg
  • Witchywonder427
    Witchywonder427 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Good job!!!! Today marks my 15 week journey and I'm down 72! Booms.. lets keep killing it!!

Awesome congrats!!!!
  • 45thin
    45thin Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I just started on my weight loss journey this month and have been walking 1 to 2 miles almost everyday. I have an elliptical machine also, but can only complete 1 to 2 minutes on level one. That machine just kills me!!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    That's a fantastic loss and reasonable for starting at 300 lbs. You want to keep your momentum going as far as logging consistency and good eating habits. It is not realistic to think you will continue at this rate of loss. The more you lose, the less room you have to create a deficit. You can and should cut only so far and you're already at the minimum of 1200. I don't want you to get discouraged if your loss rate slows. It took me about 6 months to lose the first 50, 9 months for the second 50, and a year for the last 50. I ate at about 1700 the entire time and that is now my maintenance.

I also encourage you to strength train so you can keep as much muscle as possible. It's really important for your short term and long term health! Keep going!
  • MissiM206
    MissiM206 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've been sticking to my guns for the past 15 weeks and thankfully I've lost 55 pounds so far. I have such a weakness for sweets and all things carb. But I've been trying my hardest to fight the urge to give in. Still have horrible bouts feeling discouraged. Then I try to remind myself how far I've come and how I need to improve my overall health for my kids. I'm slowly converting into a health and fitness freak. I started off at 300 lbs

Congratulations!!!! Keep it up :#
  • Adelemlvc
    Adelemlvc Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    well done you, that's amazing!!! Love reading these success stories , helps people like me to keep going :)
  • ShrinkingShona
    ShrinkingShona Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    You're doing so very well! Keep up the great work!
  • Witchywonder427
    Witchywonder427 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    45thin wrote: »
    I just started on my weight loss journey this month and have been walking 1 to 2 miles almost everyday. I have an elliptical machine also, but can only complete 1 to 2 minutes on level one. That machine just kills me!!

That's how I started out. I've had my machine a little over 2 months now. The longest I can do is 15 minutes. I just pushed myself every other day by one more minute. You can do it
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!