Chuffed!!! 1st time a diet app has actually helped me :D

Options
Adelemlvc
Adelemlvc Posts: 27 Member
Hi, I know everyone loses a few pound the first week they start a diet but I only ever used to lose about 1-2 , this time using "my fiitness pal" I'm 6lb down !!!! I'm so chuffed :D I've never calorie counted before and I used to drive everywhere, even to the shop down the street! But I'm now taking my dog for long walks (not just letting him off the lead in the park lol) and I'm really watching what I eat based on the sugar content not just the fat. I love this app its so helpful. I'm taking it slow with the exercise but hopefully I'll find a sport to do rather than the gym (not for me) and that will help. I'd love to hear how everyone else who needs to lose quite a lot of weight is getting on and I'd appreciate any advice for tasty vegetarian meals please.

Replies

• potokat
    potokat Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Isn't it amazing what happens when you change a few habits? :) Congrats on the weight loss!
    I'm not a gym person either - I use free weights in my basement. That might be an option as you explore what type of exercise you enjoy. And I'll be honest - there was nothing to enjoy when I first started. I hated every second of it. It was motivation and discipline that got me through, and now I'm at a point where while I might not love lifting 30 pounds for my overhead press, I do love the results it gives me, and that's what keeps me going.
    Vegetarian meals....I'm not a vegetarian, but I do enjoy a good cauliflower crust pizza. https://detoxinista.com/the-secret-to-perfect-cauliflower-pizza-crust/
    Good luck to you!