Need toning ideas since loosing 55 pounds so far, Ive gotten flabby and need to fix it.

Options
Help. I've lost 55 pounds in 110 days and now I'm all flabby with loose skin. I need easy toning ideas that would be easy on my joints. Just curious to what y'all have done that had fairly quick results. Any suggestions would be awesome

Replies

• Tattoos_and_Tea
    Tattoos_and_Tea Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Low intensity HIIT sessions? There are loads on YouTube x
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Loose skin requires time. Flabbiness (fat) requires continued deficit to lose it. Looking toned comes from losing sufficient fat for the muscles to become more visible.

Having a more "toned" physique from weight loss will come from maintaining the muscle you have by starting a progressive lifting program. If you've never lifted before, you may be able to gain some muscle whilst you continue to lose fat.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Try Davina McCall's "7 to fit" DVD - loads of 7 minute workouts which you can combine (or not) depending on the time available, includes work with weights and really good abs programmes. Its a couple of years old now so I found it quite cheap on Amazon
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    I do not think there are "easy" fixes....or "quick" ones. You look fairly young, so taking up some weight lifting will build up some muscle or maintain the muscle (lean mass) you already have, whilst you lose the "flab" (which is fat mass)...I think the word toning has been a misnomer for a couple of decades at least now.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    sazzle1983 wrote: »

HUH??

Low Intensity HIIT.

That's not a real thing.
  • TravisJHunt
    TravisJHunt Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options

HUH??

Low Intensity HIIT.

That's not a real thing.

Yep, that's what I thought. How can High Intensity be low intensity, wheeeeeeee!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,070 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    nexangelus wrote: »

HUH??

Low Intensity HIIT.

That's not a real thing.

Yep, that's what I thought. How can High Intensity be low intensity, wheeeeeeee!

Maybe meant Low Impact HIIT, which is a thing and can be more suitable for someone who has issues with their joints.
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    Start lifting
    10116386.png
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Help. I've lost 55 pounds in 110 days and now I'm all flabby with loose skin. I need easy toning ideas that would be easy on my joints. Just curious to what y'all have done that had fairly quick results. Any suggestions would be awesome

55lbs in 110 days is 3.5lbs a week...how? why?

WLS? if so please consult your doctor...

If it wasn't WLS please consult a doctor who knows what damage you have done to your body losing weight like that...

AS to your question...easy toning ideas that are quick and easy on your joints...there is no such thing.

and I don't mean just by the toning either...

to lose that much weight that quick means you have lost a lot of muscle and you need to rebuild it and wait for the skin to come back if it ever does.
  • susanayt97
    susanayt97 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I'll take any opportunity to mention fitnessblender.com. Use their search tools to find what you're looking for, they have pretty much everything! I have never used another website and they never let me down :)
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    nexangelus wrote: »

HUH??

Low Intensity HIIT.

That's not a real thing.

Maybe meant Low Impact HIIT, which is a thing and can be more suitable for someone who has issues with their joints.

Indeed. And practically speaking is the best HIIT(Elliptical or Rower)
  • Witchywonder427
    Witchywonder427 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »

If it wasn't WLS please consult a doctor who knows what damage you have done to your body losing weight like that...

AS to your question...easy toning ideas that are quick and easy on your joints...there is no such thing.

to lose that much weight that quick means you have lost a lot of muscle and you need to rebuild it and wait for the skin to come back if it ever does.

How. By cutting out the junk and eating clean. Keeping my calories at around 1,200 a day. Carbs around 70, protein around 110. Also I was a very sedintary person and didn't get out much. Now I'm walking around 2 miles a few days a week and exercising daily on an elliptical and air glider. Why because I weighed 300 pounds. The reason for asking for help is because I am new to it all.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »

How. By cutting out the junk and eating clean. Keeping my calories at around 1,200 a day. Carbs around 70, protein around 110. Also I was a very sedintary person and didn't get out much. Now I'm walking around 2 miles a few days a week and exercising daily on an elliptical and air glider. Why because I weighed 300 pounds. The reason for asking for help is because I am new to it all.

well since you did it this way my suggestions are as follows:

1. Give it time....might never be enough but see what time does.
    2. doing some resistance training and/or weight lifting
    3. accept you may always have loose skin due to the speed in which you lost the weight and part of the weight lsos was muscle.