Changing my diet

Options
So, I have decided to change my eating habits just a little at a time. I tried once before and like many others, my old habits crept back in. The difference now is my kids need me to be more healthy. I'm a big soda drinker. I love my cherry Dr Pepper but I had to change a bit of my habits this summer. I was taking my daughter to church camp this summer. I didn't want to be the fat mom who couldn't keep up.My plan had been to exersize by walking before we went. Unfortunately I procrastinated, then the week before camp pulled a back muscle. So I went to camp the fat mom. I was disappointed in myself. I have overcome so many hardships in my life and im letting this bad habit of no exercise and bad eating beat me. While at camp I needed water, lots and lots of water. It was hotter than hell in Alabama this summer. So I started putting 1 oz of gatorade in 27 oz of water in my water bottle. I did this a few times a day. I had 1 Dr Pepper a day. So when I came home I decided to change my habits, a little at a time. My water intake is going great. Im logging on mfp now to add in my food, and a little exercise which will all inprove slowly. I'm very excited but im super tiered because I think my body was so used to getting its caffeine and now its punishing me. Has anyone else had a similar thing happen??

Replies

• HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    No reason to quit caffeine if you don't want to. Just switch to caffeine from low calorie sources. If you want to continue doing Dr. Pepper, drink the diet version. You'll probably find that easier to get used to that than no caffeine. If you want to avoid the artificial sweeteners, try unsweet iced tea or one of the natural but calorie-free sweeteners.

A side benefit: going to unsweetened beverages will make your dentist happy and your teeth cleanings less painful.
  • jessicaram2011
    jessicaram2011 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thank you, im actually down to one a day now and this week my energy seems much better.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    When I went from coke to Diet Coke, it tasted so awful, I didn't think I could stand it. I thought the loss of caffeine would really hurt, but when it got really hot, it was much easier to change to straight water. My body really needed the water at the time. The withdrawal from sugar only lasted a few days. For the caffeine withdrawal, I drank a little unsweetened iced tea. In the end, it was the acid I really missed. I always drank coke with meals, and I started getting indigestion when I stopped it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!