Mfp recommends too many calories

Options
Not sure what to do. Mfp has be set at 1,560 calories a day. If I eat under 1,000 it says I,m eating to little and refuses to register. So I have been forcing myself to eat to 1,000 or hust over to get mfp to friggin register even though I'm not hungry for anymore food. I feel this is also why I'm losing weight. Just stuck for almost 2 weeks at the same weight and I'm majorly frustreated. Should I just ignore mfp recommendations and just finish my diary with the below 1,000 calories even though they won't register my progress?

Replies

• elliemae1981
    elliemae1981 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I work 9 to 5 take care of my disabled mother and I'm raising my brother's 3 children. I work as a home health aide so I'm always lifing and on the move. I'm just not hungry enough to eat at least 1,000 calories everyday. I'm too tired and too stressed to eat that much. My highest weight was 290 and I'm now stuck at 202 and I'm frustrated. My calorie goal is 1,560 but that is just way to much especially since right now I have to force myself to eat to 1,000 just to shut up mfp even when I'm not hungry.
  • MarieMckenji85
    MarieMckenji85 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    you need to fuel yourself more. your way too active to thrive on 1000 calories a day. No wonder your not losing weight. There are plenty of things you can add to your diet that will help you reach your daily goal and still be healthy for you.
  • elliemae1981
    elliemae1981 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking I'm also just to stressed, tired and exhausted. Taking care of everyone and everything. Just reaching my goal weight is important but is just an impossible feat
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking I'm also just to stressed, tired and exhausted. Taking care of everyone and everything. Just reaching my goal weight is important but is just an impossible feat

It is not impossible- but I think with the way you are approaching it is. You really need to eat more, take a look at the link @PsuLemon put into the thread, and do a lot of reading. You may find you are not be accurate with logging, or that you need to find new ways to add calories. I have lost over 40lbs using MFP recommended calories, and even if it seems like less calories = faster weight loss, it is potentially dangerous, not sustainable, and may lead to weight regain. It seems like you are very stressed right now- maybe a diet break like was suggested may help, mentally and physically.
  • zindroth
    zindroth Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Not sure what to do. Mfp has be set at 1,560 calories a day. If I eat under 1,000 it says I,m eating to little and refuses to register. So I have been forcing myself to eat to 1,000 or hust over to get mfp to friggin register even though I'm not hungry for anymore food. I feel this is also why I'm losing weight. Just stuck for almost 2 weeks at the same weight and I'm majorly frustreated. Should I just ignore mfp recommendations and just finish my diary with the below 1,000 calories even though they won't register my progress?

I hear you! My health took a dramatic turn for the worse, stress at work and then medical leave left me not interested in eating. I did pity eat with junk food when I had to eat something.

Now that I am following MFP there are many days that I stuggle to hit my target of 1460, I am ofter 200-300 calories shy (this is not counting my exercise which I do not add back in). What I found was that I had been eating poorly, and not nearly enough for so long that my body had just kinda gotten used to it.

The trick that worked for me was finding a quick snack that I ate even when I wasn't hungry. Things like almonds, cheese, and premade protien balls. I am still struggling with hunger signals (I often don't have them) but I believe I am eating a healthy amount now, and am feeling better. It might be something to try.