Can anyone recommend a good blender?

Options
krael65
krael65 Posts: 306 Member
Mine is old and crappy, so I'm looking to buy a new blender.

Is there a good one for making protein fluff and protein ice cream?

Replies

• aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    Following. Have been using a nutribullet but I'm starting to outgrow it. Not really wanting to splurge on a VitaMix yet, so hopefully will see some good suggestions.
  • Fitnessgirl0913
    Fitnessgirl0913 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I like my "Ninja" blender because it is strong enough to blend almonds or chia seeds into my smoothies with no grit! I have the small one because I only use it for smoothies but they have a larger one too that you can make soup with and even have the soup come out hot from the blender, I have been thinking about buying it to make my own butternut squash soup.
  • aeloine
    Options
    I like my "Ninja" blender because it is strong enough to blend almonds or chia seeds into my smoothies with no grit! I have the small one because I only use it for smoothies but they have a larger one too that you can make soup with and even have the soup come out hot from the blender, I have been thinking about buying it to make my own butternut squash soup.

Like, the travel/smoothie cup size?

I have a couple of Ninjas at a WalMart by my house, but they have different wattages, and I'm not sure if that ACTUALLY matters.
  • CILLAJ8
    CILLAJ8 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I also have the Ninja and we love it.
  • aeloine
    Options
    CILLAJ8 wrote: »
    I also have the Ninja and we love it.

Do you remember the wattage of the one you bought?

Sorry for totally highjacking this post.
  • Fitnessgirl0913
    Fitnessgirl0913 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    aeloine wrote: »

Like, the travel/smoothie cup size?

I have a couple of Ninjas at a WalMart by my house, but they have different wattages, and I'm not sure if that ACTUALLY matters.

Yes I have the individual cup size and yes the wattage does matter if you want to blend things like nuts and/or ice. Here is a link to the one I have
    https://www.target.com/p/nutri-ninja-153-pro-blender-black/-/A-15124275?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&CPNG=PLA_Appliances+Shopping&adgroup=SC_Appliances&LID=700000001170770pgs&network=g&device=c&location=9005674&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrcfF15rr1QIVAhBpCh1kIwD2EAQYAiABEgIap_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
  • orionbadger
    orionbadger Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like the Nutribullet, nice blender with not too many parts to have to fiddle with and is not cumbersome, just the right size for me personally.
  • Whey115
    Whey115 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have a ninja as well and quite happy with it. It's the larger size though
  • heygurlheyyyy
    heygurlheyyyy Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Had a Ninja - not sure of wattage, but it's the one that comes with the tall canister and two travel mixer cups - I HATED it. I couldn't get it to blend harder fruits and veggies like apples and carrots. Always ended up with a chunky substance that was tasty, but required a spoon. If just making protein smoothies and ice cream, it's a good pick.

I had picked up the Ninja as I wasn't yet ready for a Vitamix. After two years, I upgraded and have not looked back. I got the Vitamix from QVC with six payments no interest. Was definitely worth it. If you can find good financing options, I'd say it's worth the money just to go ahead and get the ultimate upgrade now!
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I love my Blendtec
  • drawaimfire
    drawaimfire Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Had a Ninja, huge disappointment. Had a throwdown between them once I got my hands on a refurbished Vitamix...that thing is BEAST! It lived up to any and all hype and I was lucky enough to get the dry bin with it and can make my own flours. This was about three years ago and a very worthy investment.

Good luck with whatever you buy!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I like my ninja too. Yes, wattage matters. Wattage =speed=better blending & processing
  • newgirl2b
    newgirl2b Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I bought a refurbished Vitamix from Amazon with a 5 year warranty and it is the best blender I've ever had!
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Vitamix! I've had mine 15 years and it's still going strong...
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    If money is OK or you can find a good refurbished one, VitaMix is the answer. You will never need or want another blender.
  • krael65
    Options
    Thanks everyone! This is good input. Seems if I want to spend the $$, VitaMix might be the way to go.
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    We have a Ninja and it's awful. It seems like it would be great but no. It can do ice but not things like carrots, spinach, peel from blueberry etc.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I'm another vitamix fan here.
  • krael65
    Options
    bbontheb wrote: »
    We have a Ninja and it's awful. It seems like it would be great but no. It can do ice but not things like carrots, spinach, peel from blueberry etc.

Which Ninja model do you have?