The right granola to eat

Options
Ok, im obsessed with granola and greek yogurt since i starfed dieting but im concerned because of the sugar. It doesnt sau sugar anywhere in the ingredient list. I eat Granola Factory Bethlehem Inn Honey Pecan Granola. The ingredient list says "rolled oats, oat bran, honey, butter, pecans, cinnamon, salt". Sugar is 6grams. Anyone ever try this brand? Should i be that concerned? Thank you in advance.

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,343 Member
    Options
    Do you have a medical reason that you have to avoid sugar?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,564 Member
    Options
    Honey is pretty much entirely sugar. And as he said above, unless you have a medical reason to limit your sugar intake it's not a big deal. You're probably consuming more than that in the yogurt.
  • brn_deveney
    brn_deveney Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I sometimes go over on my sugar but its not from cookies and junk food. So i shouldn't be concerned as long as i stay under my calorie goal?
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of granola, 6 grams of sugar isn't that bad. While I don't fear sugar in general, I do try to eat flavors/mixes that don't have a ton of added sugar, not because of the sugar itself, but because the calories per serving can be very high. Usually granola is going to have some kind of nuts in it which are calorie dense. More than the sugar, look at the calories per serving. It's very easy to down tons of calories of granola.