Water on the weekends...

Options
Help...give me tips for upping my water intake on the weekends.

I've never been a big "drinker", at least not of water, but when I'm tracking and get into good habits I find it easy to drink my 8+ servings while working, but then on the weekend around my family, my son, running errands, hanging out, etc. I find myself slipping back into a minimal fluid intake.

Case in point: we swam for two hours tonight and then I realized after dinner (I usually have a beer w/ dinner Saturday) that I hadn't had a drop of water in about 4+ hours.

What do you do to make sure you drink plenty of water when you are outside of your routine?

Replies

• FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    I carry a 27 oz Klean Kanteen water bottle with my EVERYWHERE.
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I buy those little packets you can add into your water to give it some flavor. I don't use them every time but it helps get you to drink that last little bit.
  • Jason944
    Jason944 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My wife just posted a topic on this earlier today!! lol. She uses bracelets (or silly bands) that are all blue. She starts with 8 on one wrist and for each glass of water she drinks, she moves one of the bracelets to the other wrist (or you could take them off). It seems to REALLY help her out with her water intake. She also uses 2 red and 2 green ones to make sure she gets at least 2 each of fruits and veggies.
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I keep a cup out and try to pur myself a glass (even if its small) of water everytime I'm in the kitchen (with a husband and 2 kids, its more often than I care to admit). Its kind of become a habit!
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    My wife just posted a topic on this earlier today!! lol. She uses bracelets (or silly bands) that are all blue. She starts with 8 on one wrist and for each glass of water she drinks, she moves one of the bracelets to the other wrist (or you could take them off). It seems to REALLY help her out with her water intake. She also uses 2 red and 2 green ones to make sure she gets at least 2 each of fruits and veggies.

what a great idea!
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    I carry an insulated Camelbak water bottle everywhere I go.
  • Kat0310
    Kat0310 Posts: 341
    Options

That is a great idea. Would've never thought of it. I too have a hard time on the weekends with water intake but have no problems during the week while working.
  • AI1108
    AI1108 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I have at least a glass or two of water with every meal/snack. That way you don't have to think about it when you're not really thinking about food.
  • sufikitkat
    sufikitkat Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I also carry a water bottle everywhere! It really helps :-)
  • CarliFries
    CarliFries Posts: 17
    Options
    I have the same problem - I have a hard time remembering to drink water on the weekends when I'm playing. However, since I married my husband (who drinks water quite a bit), I've been doing better - - I bought these really cool 32 oz water bottles for us and I fill them every night and put them in the fridge so they are cold for the next morning. We take them to work or wherever we're going (I put mine in my huge purse haha) and sip them throughout the day (which also keeps us from eating as much - I try to drink as much of it as I can while it's nice and cold) and it's an easy 4 glasses of water. Then we re-fill them and by the end of the day, we've only refilled once and we've gotten our 8 glasses in!
  • kngarber
    kngarber Posts: 227
    Options
    I always fill up my water bottle and take it with me everywhere I go. Water is the only thing I drink other thank iced tea with dinner sometimes, so it's nearly impossible for me to not have enough.
  • aprilgicker
    aprilgicker Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    This weekend I forgot my water and I was parched. I know I would not even think about it before but now it is uncomfortable to go with out water for long periods of time. I just bring my water bottle with me.
  • wildcata77
    wildcata77 Posts: 660
    Options
    Thanks for these tips! The silly bands is a great idea...I wouldn't use them at work, but on the weekends I'm typically not doing anything that it would be ridiculous to be seen with silly bands, so I may have to give it a try!