Birth Control w/ no weight gain

Options
bella98902
bella98902 Posts: 32 Member
Ladies I just had a baby 6 weeks ago and my doctor wants me to pick a birth control but I also don't want to pick one that will make me gain weight again.

Replies

• MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    condoms
  • bella98902
    Options
    Really
  • bella98902
    Options
    @MellowGa is that what you use? Are you married because I am
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    OBTW congrats on the new baby, enjoy the little one. If your breast feeding I would stay away from any oral contraceptive, but I think it is a bit early to go on BC so soon after, especially if nursing. but again, make the man step up tot he plate, it's team work.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the new baby!
    Mini pill is fine when feeding (Zeletta is a good one - no TOTM for most users). Weight should come off quite quickly when feeding. Generally though, weight comes on through over-eating! :o
  • skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I re-started birth control 2 years ago. I also lost weight in the last 1 1/2 years. Honestly, the effects are not that bad if your general hormone balance is fine.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    MellowGa wrote: »
    condoms
    bella98902 wrote: »
    Really

whats wrong with that as a suggestion OP?
  • ISweat4This
    ISweat4This Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the new baby!! I've been on Gianvi for a few months and have been consistently losing weight.
  • bella98902
    Options
    Thank you Ladies
  • Wiggymommy
    Wiggymommy Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    nexplanon- implant in the arm. No weight gain, no period, no side effects (for me)
  • bella98902
    Options
    @Wiggymommy that was the one I was leaning on .... glad to hear nothing but positive on it
  • lalepepper
    lalepepper Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I used the ring for years with no side effects.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    QJ18 wrote: »
    If you're married and exclusively with your partner, natural family planning and the pull out method. Track your cycle and abstain during your fertile days.

Great idea...
  • QJ18
    QJ18 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    If you're married and exclusively with your partner, natural family planning and the pull out method. Track your cycle and abstain during your fertile days.

Great idea...

Thank you. This method works well for married couples. If you'e being sarcastic, I'm not sure why; it actually is a pretty great idea to use your own body cycle to keep track of you fertility. Hormonal birth control is not an option for all of us.
  • skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    Options

Great idea...

Thank you. This method works well for married couples. If you'e being sarcastic, I'm not sure why; it actually is a pretty great idea to use your own body cycle to keep track of you fertility. Hormonal birth control is not an option for all of us.

Unfortunately (pull out method risks aside) it is quite similar to not eating anything you like because it is a diet. As naturally, the fertile days are the days where the woman is more interested and subconsciously can make that rub off to hubby as well.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Is there some reason no one's suggested an IUD?