funny injuries?

Options
mjtaylor87
mjtaylor87 Posts: 242 Member
So looking for a laugh. what is the funniest or strangest way you have gotten hurt?

My most resent would have to be this past weekend. Plaid a game of kick ball to raise money to stop child abuse. Sorry let me clearfiy. slip and slide kick ball. the bases were kiddie pools and they were all linked by tarps covered in water and dish soap with sprinklers going on the whole game to keep everything wet. lots of falling and running in to each other. needless to say by the end of it i had a broken toe, concussion, bruised tail bone, and a minor sprained ankle. but it was all well worth it. but 3 days later and it still hurts to sit down lol.

Replies

• laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    Its not me but my husband.

I played tennis in high school and my parents bought my husband and I new tennis rackets and balls he had never played tennis before so we were just hitting the ball and I served wayy to hard, he tried to go get it and hit himself in the face with his racket, so he currently has a black eye. :D:#
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    When I was in ninth grade, I broke my wrist by running full tilt into a Coca-Cola machine.

My locker happened to be on the opposite side of the school from my next class, I overstuffed my bag with books for several classes and pretty much sprinted to the class so I wouldn't be late. I ended up sprinting down the ramp that led into the cafeteria and as I was sprinting, I had to swerve to avoid running into a gal who was in a wheelchair,.I stopped paying attention to where I was going and ran straight into said machine.

I still get jokes and *kitten* about that incident even though it's been 17 or more years since. Even the doctor I had at the time gave me *kitten* for it.
  • BigNate17
    BigNate17 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Broke my finger wrestling a friend.. had to bench with suicide grip for a couple months
  • mjtaylor87
    Options
    lol when i was a teenager i was helping some adult friends move in to their first house. i was loading things in their attic/ crawl space. i fell through the ceiling directly on to their new bed and broke it.

10 years later.

my husband and i were helping his mother move out of her house. He did the exact same thing.
  • mjtaylor87
    Options
    BigNate17 wrote: »
    Broke my finger wrestling a friend.. had to bench with suicide grip for a couple months

I was a co ed wrestler in high school. i never got hurt in all the wrestling, lifting or running but some how every Friday i would pull a flipping muscle in my ribs playing our weekly dodge ball game.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Recently, I pulled a muscle trying to contort myself into a position to zip myself back into my dress.

This was at the gym, after a workout. I didn't hurt myself during the workout - I hurt myself getting dressed.
  • elizarizo
    elizarizo Posts: 489 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    was running down a dewy wet hill and slipped so hard I bruised my tailbone
  • mjtaylor87
    Options
    JeepHair77 wrote: »
    Recently, I pulled a muscle trying to contort myself into a position to zip myself back into my dress.

This was at the gym, after a workout. I didn't hurt myself during the workout - I hurt myself getting dressed.

so been there. feel that pain... physically and mentally
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I tripped on a barbell in my room and broke my foot.

Whoever said working out was good for your health was a liar.

But hey, that had earned me a weekend off of work for the first time in months.. so it was a win to me.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I got a hard hit (don't ask how) to my inner upper thigh/hip/groin area and I developed a good sized lump.
    It was humiliating to have to go to the doctor and have him feel and examine the lump.
    I lost a bit of dignity that day.