Moms with special needs kids

Discuss things that help one another. Learn more about the special needs and ask questions. Sometimes your day gets busy with you little one (or grown up one)

Replies

• joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Hi I have 3 children. Marcus is 21 and has autism. My twins are 13 Piers has ADHD and asperger syndrome. Lydia has hypermobility syndrome and osgood schlatters disorder. I myself have fibromyalgia. As you can imagine my life is pretty chaotic. I also work fulltime as a midwife. Anyone can add me as a friend.
  • 92joann
    92joann Posts: 67 Member
    I have a 6 year old with xp22.11 microdeletion syndrome, suspected autism but they will not diagnose. It is a rare genetic disorder which affects how the brain forms in the womb, but there's very little actually known about it so my son is one of the case studies. Ironically, my son struggles to gain weight and I think he eats more than I do at this point
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Hi there! I have 3 kids and my middle son has autism. Feel free to add me.
  • Jill_Nicolette
    Jill_Nicolette Posts: 15 Member
    92joann wrote: »
    I have a 6 year old with xp22.11 microdeletion syndrome, suspected autism but they will not diagnose. It is a rare genetic disorder which affects how the brain forms in the womb, but there's very little actually known about it so my son is one of the case studies. Ironically, my son struggles to gain weight and I think he eats more than I do at this point

My son is at a steady weight. He is almost 9 months. But he will be really short according to doctors. He has Wolf-Hirschorn so all the doctors are like,"what"?
  • 92joann
    92joann Posts: 67 Member
    My son will apparently be very short too - during the testing process they once thought he had a form of dwarfism! He's at least a good weight for his height, but eats much more than kids bigger than him. I want his metabolism haha
  • shadowbaby4
    shadowbaby4 Posts: 60 Member
    My 12-year-old has been diagnosed with ADHD, depression and anxiety disorders, and a variety of learning disorders that make school pretty challenging for him. We're not looking forward to starting middle school next week. I keep telling him it's going to be an opportunity to make new friends and start over in a fresh school, but he's pretty much refusing to hear any of it, convinced it's going to be the end of the whole entire world and everything awful ever will happen. Anyone else in this boat?